Autoplay music in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drumpat01, May 8, 2006.

1. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2004
    Denton, TX
    Hey is there anyway to make an iWeb page auto start playing an audio file as soon as the page is loaded? Maybe im just really missing something obvious, but whenever I publish the site, it never auto plays, i have to click play.
  2. lad1509 macrumors member

Apr 1, 2006
    but it auto downloads it witch I do not want it to do.

so it would be great if we can figure out 2 things.

1- how we can make a music file auto play.
    2-how can we nake a file not download unless the user clicks on it.

3. cansokevin macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2008
    Iweb Music

Has Anyone Actually Answered This Question Because I Was Wondering The Same Thing.
  4. Obama macrumors member

Jun 4, 2008
  5. thinksergio macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2010
    Here's a sample page from my iWeb site with an mp3 set to loop when you open it:

It's nothing special, but now that I figured it out I'm going to find the right audio to add to my pages.

I was able to get the mp3 to autoplay using the html snippet below. You'll need to upload an audio file onto your iDisk or host site and change the area in red to where ever you placed the audio file.

function EvalSound(soundobj) {var thissound= eval("document."+soundobj);thissound.Play();}

<embed src="" loop=true width=0 height=0 name="sound1" enablejavascript="true"/>
  6. oinkalena8 macrumors newbie

May 30, 2011
    it's easy

Just go to "show media", click Music and pick the song you want and drag it in. Then go to inspector and click the quicktime button, and click loop and autoplay. ;)