Auxo Shows Off a Redesigned iOS App Switcher

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 22, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has spent little focus updating its iOS app switcher since it was introduced with iOS 4, so designer @Sentry_NC decided to try his hand at a new concept for app switching.

In October, he created a mockup on The Verge forums of an iOS app switcher that takes advantage of the iPhone 5's elongated screen, providing easy access to settings and additional app management tools.

[​IMG]
    Though it was originally designed as just a concept, the Auxo iOS app switcher has now become a reality as a jailbreak tweak after Sentry teamed up with two app developers.

Auxo's design allows users to control apps with intuitive touch gestures. For example, sliding down on an app closes it, while swiping left reveals both music controls and toggle controls for adjusting brightness and turning Wi-Fi on and off. The video below, from iDownloadBlog, demonstrates how Auxo works.

The Auxo tweak may be limited to jailbroken devices, but it serves as an impressive example of the improvements that could be made to future versions of iOS if Apple takes notice. Auxo is not currently available, but it is coming soon to Cydia for jailbroken iOS 6 devices.

Article Link: Auxo Shows Off a Redesigned iOS App Switcher

2. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The iPhone 5 jailbreak can't come soon enough. This looks like something that Apple, dare I say "used to" put out.

3. macrumors newbie

Tuan X

4. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

This is a great implementation that I could see Apple doing. Would love to see it in iOS 7 :p

5. macrumors 604

bushido

6. macrumors newbie

They really took the time and made it do what it should do. Just need to get some sexier icons ;)

7. macrumors 6502a

8. macrumors newbie

I heard 12/22. But doesn't look to be true!

9. macrumors regular

yearofthe

They will soon buy it out and make it exclusive to iPhone 5S.

10. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Pretty sure this is something that people have wanted more than silly Facebook integration. I really hope this comes in iOS 7, but really wish it could become much sooner.

11. macrumors 6502

12. macrumors regular

L-U-R-C-H

Wow, that's way cool. Apple should hire these guys and implement these features.

13. macrumors 68040

Bubba Satori

14. macrumors member

mittencuh

I would nearly consider jailbreaking just for this. Nearly.

15. macrumors 65816

Risco

I bet he gets a nice little email from Apple offering him a job. Simply but effective, a nice play on the card system while staying true to iOS. I wonder you can reorder the cards or keep them as "stickies"?

16. macrumors 65816

53kyle

Apple will probably just steal this idea and call it their's

17. macrumors 65816

Wow. That is awesome. When I saw the concept mockups I thought maybe the music area was a bit cluttered, and that the app icon and the "show album artwork" icon were too small.

But from this video, it seems to be quite good.

This is the first jailbreak that has me seriously thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone. But I probably will not.

I am really hoping Apple does something like this. Or, even better, just buy out this thing. It's already done for them.

One can only hope lol. (and submit an enhancement request to Apple with a link to this video).

18. macrumors 65816

19. macrumors regular

My thoughts exactly.

20. Guest

Only complaint is the double tap. My iPhone 4's button is basically 50% chance of usability now. Pressing the home button so many times a day for so many years eventually wears it out.

Apparently Apple is already thinking of replacing the home button which makes sense.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...ce-virtual-keyboards-replace-home-button.html

Hopefully we'll see this as well as haptic, virtual home button.

21. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Dreamjailbreak? FAKE.

----------

Zephyr would be a good pair to this.

22. macrumors 6502a

verniesgarden

dammnnnnnn....

and now i have a reason to jailbreak again

23. macrumors 65816

53kyle

If someone said "use this JAILBREAK TWEAK, all that they would say is "unjailbreak your phone or we will deny your warranty when your phone dies"

24. macrumors 6502

This is what jailbreaking is all about! God I miss Cydia on the 5. Why did Apple have to ruin the fun for us :(

25. macrumors 6502a

olowott

Thats some good stuff right there :cool:

really impressed ,its time i get my phone's hood up and start doing some cool stuffs.

break the jail season 6