General Auxo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by twigman08, Dec 20, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Just saw this video of the preview of Auxo. I remember the concept and it looks like they really made it come to a reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q_97exnJk

This Jailbreak tweak looks very nice and looks to be professionally done. If Apple is going to take from the jailbreak community again they really need to look at this. This is the app switcher that I believe everyone would love. It also looks like something Apple would do design wise (although I don't think they'll ever implement quick toggles but I could live without that, no matter how nice).

Now I guess I will go and keep dreaming of this new app switcher for iOS 7.

2. macrumors member

That's a really nice app.

3. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I want to jailbreak my iPhone just to use that.

4. macrumors 601

Technarchy

I would jailbreak for the first time just to use that app. Looks amazing and makes you wonder what the hell Apple's iOS team is doing.

Why aren't they implementing solutions this good?

5. macrumors member

Dr Sam Beckett

i know man.. it really blows my mind. Things like this..bitesms.. (well just any form of quick reply) and NcSettings.. no reason apple cant implement that into their os without sacrificing performance.
    They really need to get with the program on their os.

@OP yeah its awesome looking cant wait to try it out on my ip5

6. macrumors 68040

This tweak was the final straw in my long thought out decision of swapping my iPhone 5 for a 4S. I not only missed my jailbreak but the look and feel of the 4 I passed down to my girlfriend when I upgraded.

I was able to find a factory unlocked 64GB 4S to swap for my AT&T 64GB 5 and I couldnt be happier. Back with my Lockinfo, BiteSMS, My3G and KillBackground.

Really looking forward to the release of this one. Should be able to fully replace SBSettings.

7. macrumors 65816

Look nice.

Right now I'm using "Switchy" I really enjoy it as well.

8. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

That looks sweet.

9. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Jailbreak can't come soon enough...

10. macrumors 6502a

Asator

This looks awesome. I cannot wait to get this. :)

11. macrumors 6502a

I hate the app switcher is on with iOS. I love how you can swipe to get rid of an app, and I like the toggles. I like the preview of current state of the app and you can delete all the apps at once. I hope Apple buys Auxo an implement this into iOS.

Will jailbreak for this app

12. macrumors regular

This tweak looks simply great.

13. macrumors regular

Nice.

14. macrumors regular

Android probably has this patented, possibly the reason. I read this is very similar to their task switcher.

15. macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I might have this replace NCSettings. Now if only it could somehow work with MultiStory, or some way to have more than 4 icons.

16. macrumors G4

dhlizard

17. macrumors 68040

Dwalls90

Jony Ive/Apple will really have their head up their ass if they don't implement basic improvements that provide such basic added benefits like this and quick reply texting.

18. inselstudent, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

macrumors 6502a

First short review after a couple of minutes:

The volume and brightness sliders are both very hard to grasp and then drag left or right. IMO that definitely needs improvement.

The multitasking bar lags a bit on my 4 when I swipe through several pages of app previews.

Other than that, it's nice to view and quite useful to have the freely arrangable quick toggles there - although NCSettings is actually quicker to access. The sliders, especially the one for brightness, come in handy too, but right now they are hardly usable, at least in my own experience (for the reason I stated above).

Edit

And I've just noticed that it's apparently not fully supporting Zephyr. When I open the app switcher in horizontal orientation I cannot drag the sliders to adjust volume and brightness.

19. macrumors 6502a

Asator

Doesn't work on iOS 5.1.1? :(

20. macrumors 604

labman

it say's right in the App he expects to have it working on 5.1.1 next week or at least you know he's working on it. since the majority of JB devices are still on 5.1.1.

21. macrumors 6502a

I've been using Auxo for some days now and decided to uninstall it. The preview cards are nice to look at, but let's be honest, it's not like you could actually recognise anything on them. Besides, the cards make it harder to quickly recognise app icons and I found myself reading the apps' names rather than just recognising the icons.
    An advantage, however, is the swipe gesture to remove apps from the multitasking bar. But even for that I've found a worthy replacement, namely SwipeAway from the BigBoss repo, which basically allows to delete apps from the multitasking bar by simply dragging them upward/downward.

Auxo's 'quick settings' aren't nearly as quickly accessible as NCSettings and thus also unnecessary.

Auxo might be of actual use on the iPad with larger preview cards but as it is it's a disimprovement.

22. macrumors 65816

It's available for iOS 5.1+ now!

23. macrumors 6502a

Asator

Nice. Thanks for the headsup.

24. macrumors 65816

One issue I'm having is the Tether Toggle isn't showing up for me. Other than that I guess it's a cool tweak. I think I like switchy better, shows 8 icons and makes the multitask bar twice the size.

25. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Need a jailbreak for the iphone 5 so I can use this app!