Availability of 3rd Generation iPad Improves on Online Apple Store

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 20, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As noted on SlashGear, availability of the new iPad has improved on Apple's online store with shipment estimates down to 1-2 weeks from 2-3 weeks just yesterday.

Reports have indicated that retail stock of the new iPad has been plentiful in many locations. This seems to reflect a better job by Apple in producing enough iPads as the company announced record sales. If you are still looking for an iPad, trying a local retailer may be quicker than ordering online.

Article Link: Availability of 3rd Generation iPad Improves on Online Apple Store

2. macrumors regular

jasonxneo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yay! No more backorder!!

3. macrumors member

Hmm does that mean my order I made last week will end up shipping sooner than originally stated? Time to go check my order status.

4. macrumors 68000

1080p

Or you could just walk into most retailers (that carry iPads) and get one today...

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

And as Daring Fireball notes, despite this massive ramp-up*, Apple’s publicaly-shared overtime numbers, tracking Foxconn’s progress towards Apple’s working-condition requirements, show a new low for overtime in February.

* I assume this is, yet again, a record for the fastest initial sales of any electronics product?

6. macrumors member

Yeah I was thinking about looking for one this next weekend when I have the time and canceling my order if I can find one... Although they have already charged me for Applecare Plus... so I'm not sure what would happen if I canceled the iPad part of the order now.

Anyway my order now shows delivered by Mar 30 - Apr 6 when it originally showed a ship date of April 6 delivered by April 12.

7. macrumors 65816

GenesisST

Well, they kind of need to build them if they want to sell them... Haven't ordered mine yet and not worried that I'll get one shortly after I order it.

8. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Placed an order this morning for the Black 64 Wifi n they gave me a delivery date between March 28 - April 4.

9. macrumors member

My order is a black 32Gig Wifi.

10. macrumors member

Here i was expecting it to be flying off the shelves, i pre-ordered last week, and now expect it to be delivered to me by 10th april! :/

Just double checked order status, doesn't even dispatch until april 2nd. It's just sitting in a warehouse (if it has been already made)

11. macrumors 65816

Looks like Apple ramped up production in plenty of time. The downside for them was the number of leaks.

12. macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4S sold 4 million in its first weekend, but I believe it was available in more regions than the new iPad was.

13. macrumors 65816

Both stores near me had too many iPads. not even close to selling out.

14. macrumors 6502

hope this will mess up eBay $camers plans for profit$

15. macrumors G3

Kilamite

There's been a sharp rise in availability thanks to a certain display manufacture.

16. macrumors newbie

Got mine at local Best Buy

I waited until after opening time last Friday fully expecting to just place an order and wait for it to arrive. They had stack of the new iPads ready to buy and so I walked out with the exact model I wanted in less than an hour.
    I second the suggestion to check locally.
    My first iPad and it's great...still exploring.

17. macrumors G4

It is also a subsidized product in the US and some other parts of the world. Apple sold 37 million iPhones last quarter compared to 15 million iPads.

18. macrumors 6502a

If you're waiting go look around locally. I preordered mine, but I have been in a couple Walmarts in north Texas and southern Oklahoma over the last couple days and there was plenty of stock.

19. macrumors regular

It seems they were better prepared, there's lots of stock in my area.

20. macrumors 68020

OMG OMG THERES NO DEMAND FOR iPADS ANYMORE!!! :rolleyes:

21. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

They are sending out all the returned "yellow" iPads to people with out OCD's.

22. macrumors 6502a

this is great! now everyone that wants an ipad can order what ipad they want now!

23. macrumors member

It's nice to read that there's plenty of stock in the US. But then I'm asking myself: Why should the iPad be available in Spain on 23th and on 20th you still can't preorder??

24. macrumors 604

bushido

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

dont buy it online ... it says 2-3 weeks here in germany and i just went to some random store like best buy in the us and they had plenty. friend got a 32Gb one and canceled his online order

25. macrumors 65816

So funny how online orders are slower than just going to a local best buy or apple re-seller. tons in stock there lol