1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Discussion in 'MacRumors Old Skool' started by Macmaniac, Jan 24, 2004.

1. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I have been trying to find the information about the processor number that is used on people who are above 500 posts. I know it stands for Motorola processors used on Macs, but what is the number of posts needed for the next processor number, a list would be nice.
    I just hit 68000, a nice round number;)

2. job
    macrumors 68040

job

3. macrumors 65816

whocares

Yeah, but it fails to say how many posts you need to be a PPC970 :p

4. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Thanks, I was reading the WRONG FAQ!!!! DAM!

Being Old Skool also means you become senile from time to time.
    :p :rolleyes:

5. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Avatar Question!

See this is how you know somebody is a clueless youngster born after the 1984 introduction of Macs...

Because they think that a 6502 is a Mac processor :p , when Macs didn't exist at the end of the 1970s -- it's a Apple ][ processor. ;)

Yes, Macmaniac...

Apple really did build a computer without a GUI, schocking as the though of a CLI is.

Of course we'd probably kill the poor guy if we talk about the world before MTV and cable television.

6. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Re: Re: Avatar Question!

Ok I'm sorry I was born in 86', when I said I wanted Mac processor names, I did not mean Just the Macintosh line, I meant from the Apple I onward, I know that there were Apple computers before the Macintosh line, I was just quickly asking a question without thinking, thanks for correcting me:D

7. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

only arn knows that one :D

And we'll have a long way to go before we find out...

D

8. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Re: Re: Avatar Question!

blasphemer!

there has always been MTV and cable! anything contrary is merely old people propaganda!

;) :p