Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Apr 12, 2004.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    how can you find out how many posts your are from an avatar?
  2. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    First go to your profile, and then subtract the number of posts from 500. In your case, you have 241 posts to go (and at your current rate, you'll get there in about 70 days).
  3. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2004
    I used to try calculating the days, and to post crazily with hopes of one, but I realized it's gonna be a while and decided to do the smart thing and stop my amateur spamming. It's annoying anyways to see that garbage. Now I'm taking my time and posting only about things that interest me. I'll have it one day, and then I'll have you all over for the party of the century.
  4. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    whats the big deal about avatars? Yeah, they tell people what kind of a person you are, but honestly...i think they're overrated ;)
    I shouldnt be talking, I loved the moment I realized I had more than 500 posts :)
  5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    You're just over half way there :eek:, just try not to spam to much to ge there quick, the mods don't like it ;) :)
  6. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Sep 13, 2002
    at the edge
    Instead of spamming, I started making tons of posts, but I made a point to make each of them meaningful (not that anything I say is especially meaningful ;) ). I made 20 posts on a good day, I was well under 10 on other days—I didn't always see threads I could make a meaningful response to, and it takes time to write something more than simple one-liners. It took me about a month and a half to reach 500. Problem is, that method was highly habit-forming, and now I'm not getting as much done. I've recently set Mail to stop checking every minute (I'm up to half an hour), to at least prevent the forums from sending me reply notices all the time. But tonight, my day is done and I'm slumming for a few minutes. :D
  7. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    I'm excited, I'm under 30 posts to go! I already have my avatar ready to go and everything. I should be there in a week or two (my posts per day is under-rated, as I only started posting January-ish. I lurked for a long time.
  8. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

Oct 30, 2001
    London, UK
    ...and no sooner do you pass the milestone that IS 500 posts, then you'll have to think about ANOTHER issue - what to PUT in your Avatar.

THEN there's the OTHER landmarks that need to be gained -

like changing your status...

Ultimately, just enjoy posting cool things, informative data, or pure comedy. That's the REAL point. That way, others can get value from your infinite wisdom!

9. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state

like yours on how to prepare a kiwi? i almost fell off the bed when i realized what was going on there....
  10. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    im sure i am a long way off on getting an avtar, but i figure i should start now on trying to figure out what i want as my avtar, any ideas? or good places to go? or can i just turn any pic into a certain size and use it as one?