Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Blue Velvet, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Moderator emeritus

For me at least. Perhaps those linked to or animated rather than uploaded here. e.g. jsw's, limeibook's, Applespider's...

Edit: Forget it, they've now reappeared. :)

2. macrumors 603

iSaint

Ghost in the machine. I've seen this a couple of times recently, on the first page of a New Posts search.

Picture 1.png

3. macrumors Core

last night i was looking for an old attachment of mine, and nothing would show.

i dont know if things are slow around here or what. or if its server communication issues.

4. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Looked more like this:

[​IMG]

Phew. At least I'm not the only one who noticed. ;)

5. macrumors Core

ones that like seem to be waiting to be uploaded or in the process of being uploaded from the MRLive server. at least thats my guess. which is worthless.

6. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Oy! [​IMG]

Hehe. To be fair, these sorts of weird glitches have been happening for at least a couple of weeks now. Shrug. I just assume it'll go back to normal and don't bother posting about it. :eek: (Still, the FAQ/Rules drop down not working sort of irks me.)

7. Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

That particular disappearance of avatars was because I changed how they were being stored - just a temporary moving-house phenomenon.

I suspect the screenshot iSaint posted would be because the server that serves those little icons was being rebooted at the time.

As you can guess from those two answers, we're doing a little bit of re-arranging. :)

Incidentally, all avatars are uploaded and stored locally on the server, even if you just provide a link.

8. macrumors 68040

Killyp

I guess it's a problem with the attachments/images server, which is a separate machine. It's been fine for me though...

9. Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

Only attachments, their thumbnails and the spy are on that machine (currently...) - avatars are on another server and the images are on yet another one :)

10. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Admit it... your just a server whore ;):p:D

11. macrumors Core

MacNut

Geez Knox with all that stuff in your basement how do you afford the electric bill.:p:D

12. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, what is up with that?