Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
For me at least. Perhaps those linked to or animated rather than uploaded here. e.g. jsw's, limeibook's, Applespider's...

Edit: Forget it, they've now reappeared. :)

iSaint

macrumors 603
Ghost in the machine. I've seen this a couple of times recently, on the first page of a New Posts search.

Picture 1.png

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
last night i was looking for an old attachment of mine, and nothing would show.

i dont know if things are slow around here or what. or if its server communication issues.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Phew. At least I'm not the only one who noticed. ;)
Oy!
dogeyes_s.gif

Hehe. To be fair, these sorts of weird glitches have been happening for at least a couple of weeks now. Shrug. I just assume it'll go back to normal and don't bother posting about it. :eek: (Still, the FAQ/Rules drop down not working sort of irks me.)

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
That particular disappearance of avatars was because I changed how they were being stored - just a temporary moving-house phenomenon.

I suspect the screenshot iSaint posted would be because the server that serves those little icons was being rebooted at the time.

As you can guess from those two answers, we're doing a little bit of re-arranging. :)

Incidentally, all avatars are uploaded and stored locally on the server, even if you just provide a link.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I guess it's a problem with the attachments/images server, which is a separate machine. It's been fine for me though...

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
I guess it's a problem with the attachments/images server, which is a separate machine. It's been fine for me though...

Only attachments, their thumbnails and the spy are on that machine (currently...) - avatars are on another server and the images are on yet another one :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Geez Knox with all that stuff in your basement how do you afford the electric bill.:p:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.