Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I just made it to 500 posts (this is 501).. the FAQ says I can use an avatar, however the only option in my User CP under Edit Avatar is "do not use avatar"..

Did you guys raise the bar or something? heh

stoid

macrumors 601
You don't see something like this:

?

Attachments

• ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 200

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
try logging in then out

and next time please get the topic under the correct forum, for this it should go under the site comments/feedback.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
you now have one - I went and added it, also selecting the "yes" button for using custom avatar. Weird that you couldn't do it yourself.

Now you should be able to change it to whatever you want.

Good luck,

D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I had the same problem yesterday. After a little while it went away (I logged out, etc., which didn't seem to directly help) and works fine now. May just be a database refresh thing.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I just tried uploading a tar like I did before, but it didn't work.

We're looking into it and it should be fixed soon.

D

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Hi Everyone,

I just reached 500 posts too but I'm having the same problem. It still says "Do Not Use Avatar." How can I fix this?

Thanks,
JOD8FY

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
like i have said before (maybe not in this forum) try restarting safari, that worked for me.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
JOD8FY said:
It works now, restarting Safari didn't help. I think the database just needed to recognize it.

Thanks anyway,
JOD8FY

ok cool.....so hurry up and get ur avatar up man :p

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
It seems a little small. How did you edit yours to get it normal size?

Thanks,
JOD8FY

P.S. - NusuniAdmin - Where in NY do you live? I also live in upstate NY.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
JOD8FY said:
It seems a little small. How did you edit yours to get it normal size?

Thanks,
JOD8FY
I think your pic is only 66 x 25 pixels. It can be 75x75. You need to either find a larger pic or change the image size in an image editing program.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
just to let everyone know, i dont think the minute you reach 500 posts you will be able to add an avatar, it takes the system a few minutes or at least a little while to recognize the fact that you can now have one, i dont think it is any problem really, unless it takes over a half hour or so and you still cannot add one

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think the database undergoes automatic nightly maintenance. You probably have to wait for this maintenance to occur before you can add your avatar.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
I have been a contributor for 2 weeks. without a change. I pm'd the mods and got a reply saying they were going to fix it. not that i care about the status...just helpin the cause....

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
sorry jackie - now that we're aware someone has ponied up, we'll get it taken care of. Sorry about the delay. :)

Anyone else that has submitted to become a DemiGod, please PM me.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
jackieonasses said:
I have been a contributor for 2 weeks. without a change. I pm'd the mods and got a reply saying they were going to fix it. not that i care about the status...just helpin the cause....

your kidding right???

i had to wait nearly 2 months...but its all groovy....
chill out, have a bath, get a massage and get laid

if all that fails... send in the cow dogs... moof moof

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
!

AL-FAMOUS said:
your kidding right???

i had to wait nearly 2 months...but its all groovy....
chill out, have a bath, get a massage and get laid

if all that fails... send in the cow dogs... moof moof
like i said, i dont mind really about the status. For a while i was worried if they actually got my money! i could wait longer i dont mind.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Out of interest, I've lost my avatar status now, despite some 1300 posts or so. I went to change it and I couldn't see an option so I selected the "delete current avatar" one and now I can't put any up. I've emptied cache, quit and restarted Safari, logged out, logged in... Any help would be appreciated.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I am having the same problem, I reached 500 last night and still can't make an avatar.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
johnnyjibbs said:
Out of interest, I've lost my avatar status now, despite some 1300 posts or so. I went to change it and I couldn't see an option so I selected the "delete current avatar" one and now I can't put any up. I've emptied cache, quit and restarted Safari, logged out, logged in... Any help would be appreciated.

PM one of the Mods, they are a great help and can solve your problem.

They helped me get my tar up and running. Thanks to MudBug for your help.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
It should be working now, but if its not, contact Mudbug who messed it all up in the first place.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.