Average time for CTO Mac Pro to ship?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fireworks501, Jan 4, 2007.

1. fireworks501 macrumors member

Ordered one last Friday 12/29 and it still hasn't shipped yet. Meanwhile, 30" ACD arrived 3 days later.

Is this lead time normal? Thought perhaps this may be due to any new MacWorld updates.

Keeping my 30" ACD in the box until we see what happens on the 9th...

2. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

I ordered mine on the 28th, and will finally be delivered tomorrow morning (5th) after Apple/UPS screwed up the delivery today. My workstation was heavily customised plus printer and big ACD. I'm in Scotland.

3. fireworks501 thread starter macrumors member

That's bizarre... mine hasn't even shipped yet, and I'm in New York. Mine was pretty heavily customized... 3.0 Quad, ATI X1900, 4GB RAM, AP+BT... but it shouldn't take a WEEK to ship. Should it?

Gah. Maybe it's just that I'm horribly excited and my patience is at a minimum.

4. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

Exact same spec as mine (except I added a 500gb on top of the 250gb). Mine hit the local Apple office on the 2nd (Cork) before being flown to England and driven to Scotland. These Macs sure do travel! China > Ireland > England > Scotland :)

Oh and I really get the excitement thing. I was SO p*ssed off when I missed the delivery today! All Apples fault too, curses!

5. fireworks501 thread starter macrumors member

I forgot about that, haha - I did add a 500GB additional too here, along with a 30" ACD. The display has arrived... holding off opening it until the Mac Pro arrives!

6. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

Weird that the display shipped! My UPS tracking merged all 5 parcels (MP 3.0, ACD 30", Epson RX640, Speakers, AppleCare) for delivery... I'd maybe call Apple and see what they say.

7. fireworks501 thread starter macrumors member

Just did, and they can't offer me anything other than what the online order status says. I wouldn't be so curious if the shipping itself took forever - that's normal - but it hasn't even left the factory yet.

Bizarre...