Average turnaround for Apple Care logicboard repair?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by livingfortoday, Sep 8, 2006.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Hey, I recently had Apple take my Powerbook to do a motherboard replacement, and the APple Store said they would have to ship it in to Apple to get it done. It's been almost a week now, and I can't look up the status online by the number they gave me, when I call Apple Care the automated system merely says it's "being repaired" and I will be contacted when it's done, and the store itself tells me they have no idea how long it'll take. I really need my laptop in about a week, so it'd be nice to know if that's going to happen or not, but Apple can't say!

So... to people who have logic board repairs - what has the average turnaround time been for you? A week? Two? More?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I dropped mine off on a Sunday and had it back that Friday.

3. CyberB0b macrumors regular

CyberB0b

When my iBook G3 logic board was replaced a couple years ago they told me it would take 4 weeks. It took about 2 weeks.

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

My mom's new iMac had its logic board replaced the same day.

5. riciad macrumors 6502

Drove 100 miles to my nearest A.A.S.P. (no Apple Stores in Ireland);
    dropped in my iMac G5 (the service technician had provisionally diagnosed the fault, ordered a replacement logic board and e-mailed me when it arrived);
    walked out less than an hour later with repaired iMac.

6. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Mine's been in for repair for two weeks waiting for a new logic board. There seems to be a hold up with macbook logic boards at the moment.

And oh another irish man :D

7. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

I had the logic board replaced a couple times under Applecare.

Each time when I sent it myself, they were able to "fix" it in one day or 3 days total with shipping.

If you dropped it off at a store, count on at least 1 extra day for them to receive it and call you.

Anything over a week is seems a bit long, unless it's an older model and/or they are waiting on parts.

8. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Interesting, there seems to be a bit of a range as to how long it could take. When I gave them it originally, it took them 5 days to replace the DC-in board (in-store), which is a bit more complicated than the logic board. It's been almost another five days now since I gave permission for them to send it out for a new logic board. I guess we'll see!