Avg and highest temperature of MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by prady16, Oct 30, 2006.

1. prady16 macrumors 6502

prady16

I just got the new C2D MBP and was wondering about the average and highest temperatures of the cores that people with CD MBP have encountered.

My C2D MBP runs at an average at about 120 degrees Farenheit and at the maximum i have seen it go up to 170 degrees.

Is that the regular 'as expected' temperature or is my MBP overheating?
    What about your MB/MBPs ?

2. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

Thats very very low, my MBP CD runs usually around 50 Celcius and I have seen it running at 70 Celsius, even after my Mboard was replaced for the whininng problem.
    So 115 F is around 46 Celsius, wich is pretty low!.

3. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

I'm also curious if there's a significant difference between the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo temps. I wish the Intel temp site had a way to differentiate between the two!

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Mine's around 40-50 Degrees Celsius when idle and when both cores are maxed out for a long period of time, CPU temperatures hit a maximum of between 73-83 Degrees Celsius.

The case doesn't seem as hot as I thought it would be, and I'm not worried in the slightest as its operating 100% within tolerance.

6. Vster macrumors 6502

2.0 GHz CD MBP

According to CoreDuoTemp mine hit 192 degrees Fahrenheit which is ~88 degrees Celsius (it wasn't idling though). Usually just surfing the net my MBP runs between 154-170 degrees Fahrenheit. I've already had the mobo replaced for the whine issue and it seems to be getting hotter, and every now and then the whine returns. Also just to clarify, this was on my desk not a soft surface or bed.

Here's a pic of it...56k beware!
    [​IMG]

7. prady16 thread starter macrumors 6502

prady16

I just got my C2D MBP replaced at the Apple store because there was a problem with the inbuilt iSight camera. I will continue monitoring the temperature of the new MBP and will post my findings here in a few days.

8. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Edit: Deleted my post
    ->Mod: Please delete this post if you feel the need to do so.

9. prady16 thread starter macrumors 6502

prady16

Turns out that while playing video, the temperature went upto about 160 degrees, and while normal surfing and stuff, the temperature remains around 115-120. But the notebook feels very very warm.