Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buzzaki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
I have a wealth of downloaded .avi files that are consuming a lot of space on my hard drive. I'd like to burn them to DVD.

Heeding advice of these forums, I downloaded the DivX bundle for Mac, hoping to use the convenient DivX converter to make my files compatible with iDVD for burning.

Out of the dozen or so files I tried to convert, I got an "avi file is corrupted" response on EVERY SINGLE FILE.

Now, I understand that this is a common problem with downloaded AVI files, but what the heck can I do about it? How to repair corrupt AVI files on a Mac? I tried a DivX tool with no luck.

I've seen several endorsements on here for Toast 7, but I'd hate to pay the big bucks for the software only to learn that it doesn't solve my corrupt file problem.

Can anybody help? I'd appreciate the advice.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
VisualHub is the best app I've found for creating DVD movies from .avi files. I used to use Toast but it doesn't come close to the picture quality you will get with VisualHub.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.