AVI files to DVD format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DFA1979, Jun 19, 2006.

1. DFA1979 macrumors newbie

i have an .avi file that i would like to put on a dvd. i would like it to convert the avi file to video_ts or just a dvd format. is there an easy way that i can do this??

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Use Toast 7, click on the video tab at the top then select the DVD-Video option from the slide out options. Drag and drop your file in the window. Press the red button. All done

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Like ^ he said, Toast 7 is all you need,

I don't know what I would do without that program, just for that feature alone it's worth the price...such a great app.

4. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

I've just purchased VisualHub and can honestly say that it encodes AVI's at a much faster rate and better quality with one click than Toast's (sometimes turns out with frames dropped(?) and pixelated(artifacts?) with no way to preview what it looks like) one click, VisualHub has a few bugs and could have more options, but I can't wait until version 1.1 comes out and irons out a few problems like no chapter menus (or converting straight to VIDEO_TS, it makes an .iso file instead) amongst the things that I'm finding out as I've only had this App for less than a week and I'm a n00b when it come to converting but I give it a thumbs up for quality and simplicity but 1.1 promises to be better, if you could combine this App with Toast it would be awesome.

Hope my ramblings help you somehow.

5. TAV macrumors regular

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

ffmpegX is shareware.

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've heard good things about VisualHub here so I went ahead and bought a copy to test out. I've added it to my list of video tools. VisualHub, ffmpegX, Fast DVD Copy, iSquint, and HandBrake all great apps. Now if only Roxio would hurry up and release the universal update for Toast I'd be set.

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You can burn it in iDVD if you have the codecs installed in QT

9. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I don't know about Toast 7 or VisualHub but using iDVD takes FOREVER