avi joiner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kos, Jan 8, 2005.

1. kos macrumors newbie

I have 50 .avi files i want to merge together is there a program that can do this, i have quicktime 6 but i cannot seem to get it to work.

2. H&Kie macrumors regular

You need QuickTime Pro to do this (available on Apples webstore). If you already got QT Pro and you got problems merging clips, you could export the clips to .mov (QT movie) or DV format and import them in iMovie - that comes with every Mac since about five years.

Hope this is useful... :)

3. mattsntx macrumors newbie

Try mpgtxwrap (available on versiontracker). I am not sure it handles avi, but it is free and worth a shot.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you download and install the DivX Quicktime codec, it should work.

5. kos thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks you for the help ill see if it work once i get my powerbook bk from applecare airport broke lol

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

I've used an application called SplitFuse to do avi files - works great.

I'd tried mpgtxwrap but couldn't get it to do avi files, and I have the DivX codec. Could be doing something wrong, but I know SplitFuse works well.

7. mattsntx macrumors newbie

I just downloaded SplitFuse because I had not heard of it. The interface is much more simple than mpgtxwrap.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

Writing code to do the joining yourself is simpler than the mpgtxwrap interface ;)

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

try avidemux. You might (or might not) need X11 to use its mac version, but its the best free avi manipulating app I ever used (under linux)