AVI & MP4 files to TS Video or DVD playable??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BEET, Dec 14, 2004.

1. BEET macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I've got a load of AVI and Mp4 files of DVDs I've ripped (obviosly from my own collection), and was wondering if there's any way of re-converting them to a files that will play in a non computer DVD player? or even if there's any other software that isn't Handbrake so I can compress them whilst keeping them in the original Video/Audio ts format rather than converting to AVI etc...?

thanks for any help!!! Beet

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If these rips are from your own collection....

I'll assume that your collection is far away from where you'd be burning/watching these DVDs...

Anyways, install everything mentioned here and get* Toast 6 (5 might work, I haven't tried). Drag the videos onto the Toast icon, and it will burn them on a DVD that should be playable on any DVD player.
    I don't know what this will do with the audio. I think it will use whatever you ripped them in (stereo, or what have you).

3. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I used HandBrake long ago, but can't remember what it's capabilities were...

You can get MacTheRipper from versiontracker or macupdate. This will rip the DVD into a TS Folder. The bad: it doesn't compress it. The good: you can tell it to just rip certain parts (i.e. "Main Feature Only"), and you can remove region coding.

MacTheRipper + Roxio Popcorn is the best way I've found to make hard copies of DVDs. Popcorn does compression if necessary...but I think only for burning purposes, I don't think you can tell it to just compress this folder (though I've never looked into doing that).