AVI to MPEG/MOV conversion on Intel Mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iKarl, May 28, 2006.

1. iKarl macrumors newbie

I've been trying to find a program for converting .AVI files to .MPEG or .MOV files. So far all I can find is programs that will convert MPEG/MOV/WMV/etc to .AVI and not the other way around. Streamclip 1.7 is UB now, but can't convert avi to mpeg/mov.

Google just brings up more of the same.

Any reccomendations for one that does what I want, and is also UB? Otherwise it'd take forever under emulation.

2. iKarl thread starter macrumors newbie

3. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I use isquint and it works perfectly and is universal. www.isquint.org

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

ffmpegx is great for just about everytype of codec made.
    do a google search for the site cuas im to lazy... :rolleyes:

5. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

I've used Divx Doctor II before and it worked well. You must have the proper codecs that your avi file depends on installed in Quicktime. You do not need to have 3ivx installed, i.e., if you have a Divx based avi and want to convert it to a .mov file, then the Divx codec for Quicktime is all that is needed.

It's also famous for resolving the no sound problem with some avi's when Quicktime tries to play them. When it does the .mov conversion, it fixes the sound.

6. road dog macrumors regular

toast 7 can do avi to mov conversion.

avi's are sometimes containers for another file type... likely divx... toast can do avi dv or avi divx conversion to mov or make a DVD out of it.

7. iKarl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. Google usually solves all dilemmas, but for some reason couldn't find me any of those.