AVI to Toast 7 Help Please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oo5yolo10, Mar 14, 2006.

1. oo5yolo10 macrumors member

Jan 2, 2006
    Ok lets pretend that I am 8 years old, because thats what I feel like sometimes with computers. Heres what I want to do. Take AVI Files, and burn them to a DVD and put in chapters.
    I have Toast 7 Titanium, anyone want to help and walk me through it in nice easy English? I would greatly appreciate it! And how long does a DVD take to burn?
  2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I'll give it a shot.

Open Toast.

Click on "video"

on the option "drawer" that you can open or close with the little "arrow" icon.

select. "DVD Video"

Drag your AVI file/s into the big window.

They should show up (if they don't then they are unsupported)

then, click on "edit" >select "video"

then you can set it to put a chapter every 2 minutes/3 minutes/ ect...

You can change the settings as well for a template for the way the menu will look. (cinema, beach, office, ect....) (that is under the "more" settings")

Get a DVD RW so you can experiment, and erase it if you don't like the results.

Click the big red circle, "burn"

it will take a little while to encode and burn

good luck
  3. road dog macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2004
    Just to follow up with previous answer...

* should take a minute or two for every minute of source video to prepare the video (also called encoding)

* you can try saving to a disc image to your hard disk drive to preview the disc prior to burning

look in the manual for information about saving a disk image, mounting a disk image, and burning a disk image. you can also search help.