avi too big to fit on a cd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Jul 25, 2005.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Hey Guys, I have an avi that I wanna play in a dvd player. I was going to make it a vcd using toast, but its over 700mb, what can I do? I have a dvd burner, toast, popcorn, please help!!!

2. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I'm not sure what the format your video is, but why not put it on a DVD? If you don't have any DVD-Rs then split the avi (using something like ffmpegx) to fit on to multiple CDs.

3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

what do u mean by put it on a dvd, i have dvd's but its in avi format, so if i just throw it on as data it wont play in a dvd player will it?

4. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I'm not sure about this, but I thought DVDs had to be in mpeg2 format?

5. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

If you click on the video tab at the top of toast and drag on the clip then encode and burn it, it will work.

6. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    avi isn't a format, it is only a container (like mov for instance). What's inside of the avi is what's important. If it is a DivX then there are some DVD players which play DivX, and you could just burn a data CD. If you're gonna make it a VCD, it's format will be converted to mpeg (and I believe SVCD is mpeg2). So like I said it depends on what format the video is. You can also use ffmpegX to convert it to a DVD (check out the how tos for a guide.