Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Avid Technology today announced the availability of its Symphony system for Mac OS X. Symphony 4.7, which we reported on in January, is "Avid's most powerful Mac platform-based postproduction solution to date, offering real-time finishing capabilities such as color correction, 10-bit DVE and Ultimatte keying." The company also today announced the immediate availability of Media Composer XL, Film Composer XL and Avid Xpress systems for Mac OS X. These new versions include real-time Symphony-style color correction, 23.976 fps project support for all Media Composer systems, and Avid's new MetaSync technology, which allows editors to synchronize virtually any kind of metadata with traditional video and audio content.
http://www.avid.com

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Ah sweet.
My school district has an avid system for mac and I'll tell the guy to get this version right away. :D
We record, shoot our schools programs and then we edit the clips on the systems.

boskie

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2001
North Side Of Itchy Town
What Avid systems are your college using? Symphony costs about £60,000! and then for a Tape Deck to play back to costs another 40,000.

I wish i went to your college, My work can only afford 1 symphony system and its on an IBM Z-Pro.

zuffen

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2001
As an introductory offering,
new Avid Symphony v4.7 systems are priced up to 22% off the regular $90,000 USMSRP through March 28, 2003.

Media Composer v11.7 offline starts at $12,000 USMSRP.

Film Composer XL v11.7 starts at $53,000 USMSRP.

Avid Xpress v5.7 starts at $5,999 USMSRP.

and Avid DV express for 1,700

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.