Avoid like the Black Plague of England

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tobeupat4am, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Tobeupat4am macrumors newbie

Sounds like many of the Yahoo (Australia) web auctions that all went sour in Australia and brought the wrath of our Corporate watchdogs.

Basically, they said (the adds on the Yahoo auction sites , here called Sold.com)

"Business has 3 PB XXXX whatever, bought three months ago, but need to sell now..., due to XXXX, (price quoted was cheap, but here a PB costs $4K to $6K) Add quoted a name that sounded almost like a name of legitimate (diamond) company in another state...etc

Ends up they sold those 3 PB about 60 times to "bargain" hungry Mac LOvers, (one is a mate of mine, when he told me I just... well never mind), then ads ceased, then comments started appearing on Sold.com, like where is my PB, etc etc... enough of a scam for Yahoo to get right out of the online auction business in Australia (we call it Online Fraud), then headlines in Newspapers started.

Point being ,

Apple is good enough to buy at street value.

Now is any one can help me out, please look at my incorrectly "headed" post http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55135

where i ordered a PB 15" on 12th Dec, and still can not find out if the local Apple Reseller (we do not have Apple Stores here) has ordered, and as I have to go to USA soon, and exhange rate means I would save $2K if bought there, I want to know ... can I?? Also REntal finance co can not even get a return call from them so they can send them the $6500 for the PB (yes $6500 here in Aussie Dollars, but about $4300 in US in Aussie dollars)

If any advice or comments, please check out the link abopve please

Roy

2. Tobeupat4am thread starter macrumors newbie

Was meant to be part of the "Deal Too Good to Refuse" Post???

Was meant to be part of the "Deal Too Good to Refuse" Post???

Must be running on empty, but is 5 am in SYdney, and almost finished job due by 10 am...

Would have hepled had I had my PB i ordered 12th Dec... see post above ..