AvP - Windowed mode?

Discussion in 'Games' started by P-Worm, Aug 5, 2004.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

So I want to play some old school AvP, but I have a tiny problem. The main menu for the game is at too low a resolution for my LCD monitor to display it. Needless to say I can't really play the game if I can't navigate through the menus. Is there a keystroke or something I can do to boot the game up in like a windowed mode?

P-Worm

2. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Unusual Problem

I do not think that this game offers a window mode. Could you please provide a bit more information about your system? It is very odd that a monitor would not support 640 X 480.

There is also the AVP 1.0.9 update that you should install before launching the game. It may have fixed this odd issue that you are having with the game. Look it up at www.versiontracker.com

3. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm

It's not an issue with the game, I know that for sure. It's simply that my LCD monitor only supports a very narrow range of resolutions, 640 X 480 is not supported.

But check this from IMG's website:

So there obviously is a window mode, maybe it's just for when playing? Anyway, I've looked hight and low for a key command, or a menu in the game that allows you to do what the patch fixed, but can't find it anywhere.

I have since placed an older monitor to play the game and it works just fine, but does anyone know the way to do window mode?

P-Worm

4. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

Have you tried AppleCommandButton + M ? That's what you press to get blizzard's games to run in a window. Sorry I am not any more help. I'll mess around w/it too.

5. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

No luck

I've tried just about everything, and cannot get this game into 'windowed' mode.