Awesome file sharing for OSX!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tjwett, Aug 2, 2002.

1. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

2. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Anyone else tried this app? Just wondering what people think...

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I have the app...I tried it...it still doesn't beat the PC counterparts. I hate waiting for servers and once it finds them, it takes awhile for it to start downloading....

4. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

I just tried it out and it isn't bad, thanks tjwett! :)

Bill

5. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

I use it, think it's a good start :) The devs need to put a little more time into it :)

6. tjwett thread starter macrumors 68000

tjwett

yeah, i think it's still in semi-beta mode. the build is something weird like .62 so i guess it's still a work in progress. the search field has a dropdown arrow with nothing in it which i'm guessing will narrow your search by "audio", "apps", etc. and a few of the preferences don't function yet. overall it seems great though and much better and faster than java-based Limewire. i've been using it all evening and it looks to me like it's awesome for finding music and so-so for apps. i've been able to find some really obscure stuff which i can never find on Limewire. but as i said, there are less apps, and most are .zips or .exe for PC. anyway i dig it and i hope you guys enjoy it. you can even download the sourcecode if you want to have a stab at a little Cocoa programming. cheers.

7. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

as far as cocoa gnutella clients go i prefer fern. but neither acq or fern seem to work as well as limewire. its mostly just that gnutella sucks.

try open nap network clients. drumbeat, xnap, etc.

edonkey would be nice if i could figure the damn thing out. you see all you do is download mldonkey, download donkey-o matic, donwload cocoa donkey drag ml donkey to donkey o matic launch cocoa donkey locate ml donkney quit everything and launch cocoa donkey again, now as far as p2p apps go that easy right? <sarcasm>

8. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Completely OT:
    Al, that is an unreal 'tar you got there :) What on earth posessed you do to that? Did you take a the photos yourself or are they from the net?

9. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

i couldnt sleep last night and kept having images of lego pirate men in my head so i decdied to do something about it.

your tar seems very inconvienently ~torn.

10. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I know... bummer hey? But it's ok, I have the original ;)