Awesome Pixar short movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diatribe, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I just saw this and I thought I'd share. It is a pretty old short, as in 1997 but Geri's Game is just hilarious.
    Have fun.

2. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Saw that one a couple of times but it's still really good. It's the living proof that a good story makes up for good animation movie not only 3D effects and graphic cards. I saw Ghost in the Shell 2 last night and that's what I call very shallow show off animation. No "Ghost" in that story at all.

3. angelneo macrumors 68000

I saw Ghost in the Shell 2 as well. but it pales in comparsion to part 1 I feel. Anyway, I saw Gerri's Game before as well on Pixar site. It's from Pixar, what more can I say.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i am confident with work like that behind them, that pixar will continue to produce great movies and shorts even without disney

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah it's pretty old, and I've seen it. But it's still awesome.

6. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Yea, I think that's... At the beginning of Toy Story? I'm not sure exactly, but I know it intros an older Pixar movie. Nice find! I didn't know Pixar had a shorts section on their web page... Think I'm gonna have to check that out ;)

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I love the little Pixar clips. The one before 'The Incredibles' was superb, I actually thought the film wasn't going to be able to live up to the little clip! How wrong I was :p

8. maya macrumors 68040

maya

This is old, it's been out since Toy Story was released. It fails to compare to any of Pixars works as usual. Then again its a nice clip. :)

9. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah, wasn't it? I just saw it two days ago and thought it was great but the movie was awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But it IS Pixar's work.

Anyway, it's new to me. Quite good, too. I don't think I noticed it at the beginning of Toy Story, although I haven't seen that one since it was released at the cinema. :eek:

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That was the first time that I viewed, "Geri's Game." Awesome work by Pixar. You certainly quickly forget that there is only one play. Easy to get caught of in the mesmerization of the game.

12. thejazzman10 Guest

I have watched this short plenty of times, and the movie that the short was included with is A Bug's Life.

13. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I should have said RECENT works. :)

Anyhow this short and many others are done by low level animators, for reasons I am not going to mention however not hard to figure out. :)

14. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Was it "ToyStory" or "A Bug's Life", anyhow its quite old. :)

15. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Toy Story. I remember because we have a VHS tape of it that we got around when Toy Story came out.

16. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

You touch a point of controversi of my life since then... I think the short before the movie was way deeper than the movie itself and actually the way they manage to explain such issue in life was incredible. I am actually looking for that short itself. Iactually had the chance to see it here in Miami and then back in Venezuela in Spanish and it was equally good (the English version was a bit better) but still a lovely job.

17. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Could have been included with both movies. Anyhow I am surprised no one here posted a link to "About the Birds". :)

18. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Because it is only available as a sneak preview. That's why.

19. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Correction the short is called "for the birds", though I was quite close. :)

Here you go if you want to view all of them:

http://www.pixar.com/shorts/index.html

20. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Still, the best two (for the birds and boundin') are just sneak previews. So watching is kinda pointless.

21. Soma_Addict macrumors member

Just to let you guys/girls know, Geri from Geri's game is also seen in Toy Story 2. When Woody is kidnapped by the Toy Store owner he calls a guy to come and clean Woody and restore him to mint condition. The cleaner is Geri, or at least Pixar used the same character model for him.

22. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Pixar's shorts are usually environments for testing new technology. Geri's game was all about cloth movement and clothes. - j