Awesome Prices on 20 inch Flat Panels (Dell 2005FPW/2001FP coupons)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macbaseball, Apr 2, 2005.

1. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I was surfing discount sites and I found this discount for the 2 Dell 20 inch monitors.

In order for this to work you need to purchase another item form the store, because the $50 dollars off coupons is only valid for $750 dollars and up. My item was 10 CDs in Jewel Cases.

For the Dell 2005FPW

Original Price $749

Minus 30% off with this coupon D7L9QWS?X48W30
    Minus $50 dollars off purchases worth $750: 0RZKN1C6Q$HRVQ
    Free Shipping

Total: $484.70

For the Dell 2001FP

Original Price: $749.00

Minus 25% off with this coupon 3$THVVV4XV7KD4
    Minus $50 dollars off purchases worth $750: 0RZKN1C6Q$HRVQ
    Free Shipping

Total: $522.15

Limited to the first 2,500 uses.

I wish if I could take advantage of this offer, but I'm still saving so hopefully someone else can take advantage of these great prices.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually the 30% is NOT limited to a certain amount of users. The code expires. I got the same e-mail from dealcatcher.com. As for the $50 off, that may be limited to a specific number of users.

I called Dell to check on the 30% off and they're saying it expires on 4-3.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Awsome deal, i know somone that might be interested. Thanks for posting.

4. mikey8270 macrumors newbie

Thanks, I think I just might have to get that monitor I've been wanting for so long.

:D

5. robe macrumors newbie

Hi - Are there any sites which list coupons for Dell UK?

Also, could anyone comment on how far the 2005FPW differs from the Apple 20"; is the actual LCD identical (ie. just in a different casing), as I have read in places, or is the Apple higher quality (with fewer dead pixels, backlight issues, general quality etc)? With educational discounts in the UK the Apple is £600 and the Dell normally £550 (although at the moment it's on offer at £440, possibly less if there are coupons to apply to it).

Thanks in advance for any help.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Apple and Dell both get their LCDs from LG, I believe, so it doesn't matter.

In fact, most companies who sell LCDs don't make their own. All these big companies buy LCDs from the same 4-5 companies who produce them.

Actually, a Dell LCD is better than Apple's LCD options, and at a much lower cost. I'd get a Dell any day of the week if I was in the market for an LCD. You pay 30-40% less money, and you get a better display.

Dell may not do many things well, but they ARE great with their LCDs.

7. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

You guys in the us get are so lucky to get those deals grome dell all the time. Here in Aus we get cash off deals every so often.

8. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

For the 2005FPW

Unfortunatly the 30% coupon expired, but there is still a 25% off coupon making the final price $522 with free shipping. The 25% off coupon is automatically put in.

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

One quick question on the 2001FP. Why on the tech specs page does it list a handful of resolution/refresh rates? Has Dell invented LCDs with refresh rates somehow?

10. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

The 2005FPW has a "3+ week" wait time :(. They have refurbished ones for $498 with immediate availability, but I'm sure they have dead pixels. Who would return a perfect LCD?

11. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

An idiot. Yeah I'm sure they are messed up. I would wait. If your going to spend that much money you might as well wait.