Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eluon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
I was reading Macworld and found this awesome program: teleport PR3.

I installed it on my iMac G5 and my iBook G4. It works perfectly. You have to have both of them on the same network for it to work. I find it very useful. Not quite like spanning, but useful none the less. Thought I'd pass the knowledge on!

You can find the software here: Abyssoft.com

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey man, thanks for the tip. Here's a little posting advice though...

1. When you start a new thread, give it a title so that people can get a good idea of what you're talking about. When you do a search, the titles are all that comes up and a generic title like that doesn't help anybody.

2. The you talked about some piece of software without really explaining what it does pr why anybody would want it. I can make a pretty good guess from some of your comments, but at least a brief description would help out a lot.

Don't mean to be harsh at all, just a few pointers since you're newer. :D

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
Here's some advice for you...

Heb1228 said:
Hey man, thanks for the tip. Here's a little posting advice though...

1. When you start a new thread, give it a title so that people can get a good idea of what you're talking about. When you do a search, the titles are all that comes up and a generic title like that doesn't help anybody.

2. The you talked about some piece of software without really explaining what it does pr why anybody would want it. I can make a pretty good guess from some of your comments, but at least a brief description would help out a lot.

Don't mean to be harsh at all, just a few pointers since you're newer. :D
Check your grammer!!!

Don't mean to be harsh at all, I just don't like it when people complain about something and then bastardize the english language.

Nuc

flame on!! :D I'm not english major by any means.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Nuc said:
Check your grammer!!!

Don't mean to be harsh at all, I just don't like it when people complain about something and then bastardize the english language.

Nuc

flame on!! :D I'm not english major by any means.
i am rather hapless oftentimes around here. I should be more carefuler.

Eluon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
Thanks for the pointers

Hebrew - I sent you a PM earlier in the evening.

It was late and I thought it best to just put out a link. I figured if someone wanted to, they could open it up. I think your pointers are good. But, I am not new around here. I read the posts all day long, I simply don't reply much.

Thanks for the advice.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I still don't understand what the software does, or why I'd want it! :confused:

;) :eek: :D

*goes to click the link anyway, ahhhh, I'm a sucker*

EDIT: Ahhh, yes, this program. I remember hearing about it.

Anyway, thanks for the post, but whether or not the previous people who asked for it sounded nice about it or not, please do put in some info about what the software is, so that people will want to click your thread. That way, more people will use your nice find! :)

ph0rk

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2003
SWVA
reminds me a lot of http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/.

Still, neat.

Also: IANAL(inguist), but unless you are a linguistics major (specifically grammar and/or semantics), can it with the whining about typos and minor grammatical errors; and just because most schools lump lit and composition in with (some) linguists doesn't mean you get to play their game!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.