Awkward Mouse Movement Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Nspace, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Nspace macrumors regular

Okay so i have been using my powerbook for a few weeks now, it has been working great. Up until now my PC has been my main work machine but I have been trying to use this Powerbook to do alot of my work, mostly graphics and web development type of stuff, just so I can become more used to it for when school starts.

Unfortunately, the mousing is what is bugging me. On the pc I dart around quite quick and myworkflow is very fast. On the mac there is just something about the mouse. At first it was the speed, so i installed Mouse Zoom, and that helped a bit but it is still really hard to adjust to. While using PowerMac G4's at school I don't remember noticing it as much as I am right now. Perhaps this has something to do with mouse acceleration, I am not sure, i dont know too much about that.

Anyone have any ideas of any ways or addons to tweak the mouse, its driving me nuts.

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Just to make sure are you talking about using an external mouse and not the trackpad and is that mouse wireless? If it is wireless, batteries would be my first guess. if it just an optical mouse, make sure it isn't on a shinny surface.

3. Nspace thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry can't believe I didn't mention it.

External
    Optical
    Wired - USB

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

did you install a driver? sometimes plug n play mice work better with their drivers, they'll sometimes update how well the mouse interacts with the computer.
    what brand mouse is it? how old is it?

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Dirty lens on the mouse? Dirty USB port? Got no problem w/ my Logitech Wireless Navigator Duo on Panther. I never install mouse drivers. I do a lot of Photoshop on the Mac, no stutter.

6. Nspace thread starter macrumors regular

I can't even remember how old this mouse is, I am gonna say 2 years. Its a pretty standard Logitech Optical Mouse with a scroll wheel, 2 buttons, usb.

7. Nspace thread starter macrumors regular

i don't think it is dirty anything. It works and operates fine. It is just the coursors behaviour on the screen when i am moving the mouse. It's like I will "overshoot" where I am moving the mouse too and have to top and go back and click. Arg, its so hard to explain. On my pc, the mouse is much more accurate w/ the same mouse.

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

i think i know what you mean now, when i switched i have the same problem, you are used to a high sensitivity on windows. on mac's the cursor to hand movement isn't exactly the same. Your'll get used to it, and you will be able to switch backforth.

9. Nspace thread starter macrumors regular

That must be it. When I am browsing I dont notice it so much, but while I am working and I have changing tools in graphic apps or working in panels and stuff it gets a bit annoying, I hope i can adjust.