Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aplnub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I have not really seen many posts from people who have ordered the white ceramic model AWS2 Edition. I did. My delivery date is listed as 9/16. I currently have a stainless AWS1. I was and am really unsure about the white coated frame but it catches my eye so I decided to go with it over the stainless options.

Who else has ordered this watch and please post up your anticipated/actual ship dates if you don't mind.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I want one so bad it hurts but I have to have a link bracelet that matches or at least looks good. I have been longing for the link bracelet longer than the 2nd gen watch. I want it! And now is my time! I ordered a black SS with link and can't wait but the price was on par with the ceramic haha. I think I would without a doubt take the ceramic if it came with a ceramic link or a Black SS link. I think either would look amazing. I can't wait to see some new owners post the ceramic with their black SS link on it, I may return my SS case and pay the extra for ceramic if I see it in time! gratz on your awesome purchase!

Reactions: aplnub

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I ordered one and got the 9/16 delivery when I ordered. Confirmation email says 9/26-9/28, so who knows. I am really excited, I have an SS right now and have a ton of bands. My favorite being my Hermès band. Can't wait to see how it look with the Ceramic watch.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I ordered one and got the 9/16 delivery when I ordered. Confirmation email says 9/26-9/28, so who knows. I am really excited, I have an SS right now and have a ton of bands. My favorite being my Hermès band. Can't wait to see how it look with the Ceramic watch.

Pictures will be very appreciated.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Are there really that few of us?
Well, delivery of the 42mm is 5-7 weeks while the 38mm is 2-3 weeks.

I would have considered the Edition if it were available with the Hermès bands and watch face. My guess is that Apple will expand the band selection at some point.

Reactions: bmac4

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
I ended up ordering one pretty late so my expected delivery is several weeks back. Do you guys think that I would have any luck either going directly to an Apple Store on launch day or ordering one for personal pickup from a store on the site the day of?

It's definitely my first choice but the black SS is a close second.

Last edited:
Reactions: aplnub

christophermn

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2015
The color looked so great, I couldn't resist. I got the cheapest sport version in 2015, so after the past 16 months of usage I decided to go all in for the premium model this time around. Given the high price I hope to be able to wear this new one for at least two years.

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
My ceramic edition just went into preparing for shipment!! Can't wait for this Friday!
What date was on your confirmation email? I also got a 9/16/16 date on the order page but the email ended up saying the 26-28th

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
What date was on your confirmation email? I also got a 9/16/16 date on the order page but the email ended up saying the 26-28th
I am in the same boat as you. Don't know how the confirmation email changed so much. That is over a week difference. Weird.

aplnub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Mine came earlier this morning. Very elegant. Glad I went ceramic.

Reactions: KPOM

aplnub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Here it is on my wrist.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 823

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Mine came earlier this morning. Very elegant. Glad I went ceramic.
Nice! I was tempted, but since I have gotten used to the Hermes watch face decided to go with a Series 2 Hermes ($261 premium for that watch face and Hermes Sport Band notwithstanding). I'd have gone for a ceramic Hermes version if they made one (with ceramic hinges and buckle).

aplnub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
How do you like it? Do you have any other bands to try it with?

I like it. It looks really sharp. The new watch definitely feels snappier than the older one but we only had watchOS3 for a few days. I have the Milanese Loop (which I am not going to use on this watch) and many sport bands. I will try to snap a few photos of different band colors on it this weekend.

kid2010

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
Do any one found the 1mm gap between screen and case annoying...? I just got mine and I'm not sure I can tolerate that ...

aplnub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
What color is the dot on the crown? Is it just white?

It looks black.
[doublepost=1474058382][/doublepost]
Do any one found the 1mm gap between screen and case annoying...? I just got mine and I'm not sure I can tolerate that ...

If you mean does the Sapphire cover set back toward the center of the watch 1mm? If that is what you mean then yes mine is that way and it looks perfectly natural. Didn't even notice it until you asked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.