Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
If it's an Apple rewards card call them and tell them you are interested in making a purchase at Apple and are wondering if there were any promotions barclay can extend.

It took me longer to ask than them to answer.
I have the Apple Rewards card with them and asked exactly that but was denied without any evaluation. She immediately told me they weren't doing promotions and that they couldn't help me at all. I'm gonna try again when I get some time, thanks for the info.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Can people on here please stop telling me that stainless steel and black bands don't go with ceramic. People love this Ikepod Solaris, and the guy who design these helped design the Apple Watch.

ae90676af2e06b5788478f1af781152f.png
9f50394fc777a612a89b4c3dacfbfced.png

2a293c3db23073762b4601b52afd1627.jpg

I am not finding that much difference.

ButterflyBella

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NY
Can people on here please stop telling me that stainless steel and black bands don't go with ceramic. People love this Ikepod Solaris, and the guy who design these helped design the Apple Watch.

ae90676af2e06b5788478f1af781152f.png
9f50394fc777a612a89b4c3dacfbfced.png

2a293c3db23073762b4601b52afd1627.jpg

I am not finding that much difference.
I think the apple SS black band looks amazing with the ceramic

Reactions: bruinsrme and bmac4

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Some of the Hermes guys seem to think that the Ceramic limits the bands that you can wear with it. I think the blue and stone loops look great with it as does a black or brown leather strap.
One of my pervious cars was white with brown leather and people were always complimenting the color match. White goes with virtually anything

Reactions: ButterflyBella

ButterflyBella

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NY
Some of the Hermes guys seem to think that the Ceramic limits the bands that you can wear with it. I think the blue and stone loops look great with it as does a black or brown leather strap.
One of my pervious cars was white with brown leather and people were always complimenting the color match. White goes with virtually anything
Any movement on your replacement???

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

Yep I totally agree. I think the Hermès guys are trying to justify the Hermès watch over the ceramic, but I think they look great together. I don't mind stainless steel with ceramic. You see it all the time in kitchen appliances.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
I owned both the Hermes and Ceramic watches and returned the Ceramic. I felt that the only bands that worked with it that were the leather loops (only sold in two colors neither of which are my preference). Problem with the leather loops is that they feel like cheap plastic instead of higher end leather. I wish Apple started making more higher end bands or that they created special bands for the Edition watch. That would have made it a tougher decision for me.

Personally I cannot wear a $5 rubber band (outside of the gym) on a $1,300 Watch. That has nothing to do with Hermes.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I agree that the black band looks wonderful with the white ceramic. My black band is waiting for the arrival of the watch. For now it is slumming on the SBSS until it can upgrade to ceramic! ;)

I know how you feel. The SS is so second class.
I have already typed an email to all my friends that own phones other than a white faced iPhone 7p and anything other than a ceramic watch, stating if they want to contact me they would have to set up a meeting with me. I just don't have time for those other people.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I owned both the Hermes and Ceramic watches and returned the Ceramic. I felt that the only bands that worked with it that were the leather loops (only sold in two colors neither of which are my preference). Problem with the leather loops is that they feel like cheap plastic instead of higher end leather. I wish Apple started making more higher end bands or that they created special bands for the Edition watch. That would have made it a tougher decision for me.

Personally I cannot wear a $5 rubber band (outside of the gym) on a $1,300 Watch. That has nothing to do with Hermes.

I completely disagree. If you look at the pictures I posted, clearly black SS and Milanese loops look great with ceramic. Your taste may be different, but a luxury Watch maker does not agree.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
I completely disagree. If you look at the pictures I posted, clearly black SS and Milanese loops look great with ceramic. Your taste may be different, but a luxury Watch maker does not agree.
I think that combination looks tacky. Like you said, everyone has different opinions and as long as you are happy that's all that matters. I'm sure many will think I'm crazy and vice versa haha. Keeps things interesting :)

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I think that combination looks tacky. Like you said, everyone has different opinions and as long as you are happy that's all that matters. I'm sure many will think I'm crazy and vice versa haha. Keeps things interesting :)

Tacky? I don't see it that way, but yes everyone has their own opinion.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I feel like Apple's plan was to build per order and to not have much retail stock. Nothing available anywhere.
True but there are serious supply issues with SS models and phones as well. Apple cant seem to catch up. I think they released the phones a week early to get the jump on Samsung and released the watches at the same time

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Or perhaps they underestimated the demand
I doubt they underestimated demand for every single Watch with the exception of the purposely limited Hermes versions.

The Edition version is the most readily available of all the Watches at 1 week for 38mm and 2-3 weeks for 42mm.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I doubt they underestimated demand for every single Watch with the exception of the purposely limited Hermes versions.

The Edition version is the most readily available of all the Watches at 1 week for 38mm and 2-3 weeks for 42mm.

When i ordered mine on 28Sep it was 4-5 weeks.
Now my order is due to ship in 2-3 weeks.

The availabilty has not improved. The availability for the next "batch" is approaching.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
When i ordered mine on 28Sep it was 4-5 weeks.
Now my order is due to ship in 2-3 weeks.

The availabilty has not improved. The availability for the next "batch" is approaching.
In my opinion the Edition availability has improved. It was 4-6 weeks originally and now down to 2-3 weeks and almost immediate availability for the 38mm (and most NYC stores have this in stock on a daily basis).

I mean it makes sense. The vast majority of people aren't going to spend $1,300 on a watch that will be obsolete in a year. I'd guess the $599 SS with white sports band would be the hardest to get in the short term.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

That is not true. I preordered at 3am Est, and got 2-3 weeks right away. But the time I woke up for work it had moved to 3-4 weeks. Other then the deployment Hermès I did not see another Watch moved that fast. The edition is the same as the Hermès, and it is limited.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
That is not true. I preordered at 3am Est, and got 2-3 weeks right away. But the time I woke up for work it had moved to 3-4 weeks. Other then the deployment Hermès I did not see another Watch moved that fast. The edition is the same as the Hermès, and it is limited.
I respectfully disagree. One week for 38mm and 2-3 for 42mm Edition. All other 42mm watches are at 3-4 weeks with exception of the purposely limited Hermes which start at 3-4 weeks and go up to 5-7 weeks. Not that it really matters but that's what I have seen.​

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

I respectfully disagree. One week for 38mm and 2-3 for 42mm Edition. All other 42mm watches are at 3-4 weeks with exception of the purposely limited Hermes which start at 3-4 weeks and go up to 5-7 weeks. Not that it really matters but that's what I have seen.​

Well when I looked at the Hermès single tour, I could have gotten before the Ceramic. You also have to remember the ceramic was the most expensive which would already limited its demand. The other watches were way more widely in demand. I am almost certain there were people on here that got their 42mm of non Hermès and editions on launch day. No?

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Well when I looked at the Hermès single tour, I could have gotten before the Ceramic. You also have to remember the ceramic was the most expensive which would already limited its demand. The other watches were way more widely in demand. I am almost certain there were people on here that got their 42mm of non Hermès and editions on launch day. No?
It's funny because Hermes Single Tour is backordered on Apple but readily available on Hermes.com. I just think the most expensive items generally become more readily available because after the first couple of weeks with early adopters the vast majority of people want the cheapest possible item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.