Aww... a baby Apple Store. How cute!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jsw, Oct 11, 2005.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Burlington Mall, Burlington, MA.

I've been watching her grow... we're expecting a birth announcement soon. I've included a shot in utero. You can't see much yet, but, you know, ultrasounds and all. ;) I'll post shots of the birth ASAP.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Good for you - seriously!

I've found our new Annapolis Apple Store, which is .45 miles from my house, is convenient for swapping cinema displays that blow up every three days. ;)

3. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yeah, this one's half a mile from work.

It goes nicely with the one 10 miles from home and the one 15 miles from home and...

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What happened to those mini Apple stores that have around 200 square feet or whatever?

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

There are some... Oakridge Mall in CA is one such store. I feel like my twin sized bed is bigger. :p

6. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

did your first 30 incher blow up :eek: i hope you weren't looking at it at the time :confused:

7. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Thats cool! I have 2 apple stores within 10 minutes of my house and there is Mall Of America, which is like half an hour away.

8. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Theres a mini one here in STL, as well as a large one. The mini Apple store is worthless. They didnt even have any Powermacs or Powerbooks on display. Just a few iMacs and iBooks and the wall of software. :rolleyes:

9. iGary Guest

iGary

I'm on display #3.

I noticed something in the Annapolis store today. Literally 1/2 of the store is devoted to pods.

10. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

better luck with this one or have you only had it one day ;)

The apple centres in Australia seem to be mostly computer and software related, ussually nore than say 20% of the store i go too is ipod related, actually it is only one cupboard :)

11. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I, living in Idaho, don't have a store within easy driving distance, but did notice that about half of the San Francisco (Mission St?) store is reserved for iPod related stuff.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Very nice jsw, thanks for the pictures. Hopefully I can make it to the opening. Being a nurse I enjoy your description of the birthing process for the newest Massachusetts Apple Store. I would also like to meet you at the opening if you are willing.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'll echo BarneyGumble's observation, but I'm going to estimate that approximately 10 - 20% of the Apple reseller close to my home is devoted to iPod stuff.

14. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Oh, absolutely!! I will be there. I'll just keep looking up until a tall man enters my field of view, and I'll assume that's you. ;)

15. bartelby macrumors Core

The Apple Store in London seems to be 25% iPods and 25% iPod accessories!

But I do like the fact that they have a huge display window with 1 iPod Nano and a banner.

16. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, mine's one cupboard of iPod and one rack of accessories and the rest is computers and software - they even have a PowerMac and a 30" in the front of the shop where you walk in - it's awesome.

They still have iPod minis in there too - most of the shops around here do, they're selling them alongside nanos.

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That would be awesome. You have a good memory. Thanks for bring a nice smile to my face. Maybe we could do coffee?

18. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Aplle just needs to hurry up and get the damn Salt Lake store up and running. All the Apple Authorized Resellers here are dumb *****s (such as the manager of one who looked at me like absolute bewilderment when I told him I was going to put a video card from a B/W G3 into my Beige G3). Plus I am hoping they are going to give out grab bags on the first day.

19. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

No kidding, I've been waiting for them to open or announce or something regarding the SLC Gateway store.

20. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I can't wait till another Apple Store opens up in Washington! That will be so cool! I missed out on the Tiger Release so I hoping to go to something Apple. (Where I can win something! :D )

PS- I'm typing on my moms 17" PB... wow, this screen is huge! :eek:

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

first where is burlington from milton?
    Second, any idea on dates for the opening, cause if its a weekday puckhead isn't going to class.... :p

22. ScruffyTheMac macrumors regular

Burlington Mall . . .

. . . three miles from work. This isn't going to be good for my bank balance. Lunch at Legal Seafood followed by Apple shopping.

:cool:

puckhead - there are other Apple stores closer to Milton than Burlington (Chestnut Hill and Cambridge).

23. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Sadly, both visits would cost about the same. ;)

24. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

With coffee, there is never a "maybe".... ;) Of course we could do coffee!

25. ScruffyTheMac macrumors regular

Not even close. You've never seen me in an Apple store. :eek: