Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
ScruffyTheMac said:
. . . three miles from work. This isn't going to be good for my bank balance. Lunch at Legal Seafood followed by Apple shopping.

:cool:

puckhead - there are other Apple stores closer to Milton than Burlington (Chestnut Hill and Cambridge).
i know theirs one 10 mins away but i want to go to the opening. how long of a drive is it?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
ScruffyTheMac said:
Probably about 30 minutes. The Burlington Mall is near the intersection of 128 and 3 (north of the pike).
Boy the big dig must really have improved traffic in Boston, 'cause I could rarely get from Quincy to Boston proper in 30 minutes when I lived there, much less Burlington. ;)

Yahoo maps guesses 42 minutes, which seems like a more reasonable off-peak time.

B

ScruffyTheMac

macrumors regular
May 21, 2005
Massachusetts
30 minutes was a wild guess . . .

If I were making this trip, I'd get on 128 directly, and avoid the central artery altogether.

A friend of mine used to live in Quincy - I have to say, I think Quincy has the worst traffic in the entire Boston area. I hated driving in that town. Then she moved to Weymouth, so I had to drive all the way through Quincy to visit.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
ScruffyTheMac said:
I think Quincy has the worst traffic in the entire Boston area.
That's why I mainly took the T for 5 years. That stretch of the central artery through Dorchester where they installed the zipper lane was always a parking lot.

I don't think 128 around will be that much shorter, off-peak.

B

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
knowing apple it will be during thanksgiving weekend and i'll be home in NY or it will open when i'm on break in dec/jan :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.