Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWishForNoOne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
Ok, the Mini doesn't come with a mouse or keyboard. That seems fine since it gives you the option of wired or bluetooth without any waste. But hold on a second. If you get a Mini and bluetooth peripherals, then how are you gonna set up your computer since the bluetooth devices aren''t set up yet?

I don't intend on getting a Mini but this seemed like an interesting question.

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Having set up my aunties PC with bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse, I can say that the Bluetooth module was active immediately, and it picked up the keyboard and mouse with no hassle.

I assume the Mini should be the same :)

andy.

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
_pb_boi said:
Having set up my aunties PC with bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse, I can say that the Bluetooth module was active immediately, and it picked up the keyboard and mouse with no hassle.

I assume the Mini should be the same :)

andy.

Yeah... I figure that Apple has already thought of this... ;) ROTFL! That would be a pretty funny mess up!

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
When you get a BTO desktop Mac with BlueTooth and the wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo they are all set to start working out of the box.

Before the Mac OS X setup assistant comes up after first turning on the computer you are asked to pair the Keyboard and Mouse via BlueTooth first.

AWishForNoOne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
That's what I figured. When the bluetooth mouse and keyboard first came out, it was mentioned somewhere that this sort of situation would be a problem but obviously Apple has it solved.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
The only problem that the bluetooth keyboard causes is when doing keyboard options during boot up, like resetting the PRAM. Can't do them. Other than that, the OS picks up the devices just fine when its fully booted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.