Azureus issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quigleybc, Jun 8, 2006.

1. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Hey der,

So, after reading posts about how Azureus is soo great, and makes all other Mac torrent clients pale in comparison...i went and downloaded it again.

And it is a great torrent client. My problem is one that has been plauging me for a few weeks.

I can't get it to quit. Nor can I close the windows that open. For example, when you drag a torrent file into the program, a window will pop up, and ask you where you want the file to be saved, which of the files you want to download ect....the user should be able to click "OK" and have the file begin to download. I do that, the file begins to download just fine, but the window stays open.....

So, those two issues are really bugging me. Why can't I quit the app? I leave it open for many minutes, hoping it is just "cleaning up" and will eventually quit....it doesn't, so I have to force quit it every single time....

And, why won't those annoying pop up windows close when I click 'Ok" ??

All in all it's a great client, but these issues drive me nuts.

Any thoughts?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my Java is up to date, if that is an issue at all....
    all up to date...

2. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
  3. BurkeDevlin macrumors newbie

I can't help, but I would like to add another question... perhaps a stupid one, but it is driving me crazy. I am using Azureus almost exclusively for the capability to download only certain files from a torrent. But I can't figure out how to change the priority setting on any single file, or how to tell it not to download certain files. I'm new to Macs, so maybe this one is obvious, but I've looked through all the pulldown menus and I can't find anything. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Burke

4. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Either double click or ctrl+click < "show details" on the file within azureus then click on the "Files" tab, ctrl+click < "set priority" on the individual files whose priority you'd like to set.

quigleybc, sorry but I don't have any advice besides uninstalling then reinstalling the app or possibly it's a corrupted preference file.