Azureus - NAT Error?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abhishek, Jul 22, 2006.

1. abhishek macrumors member

Hey guys, I am not sure whats happening with Azureus...Til yesterday it was running fine and I downloaded quite a bit of stuff. From this morning, its been giving me a pop-up saying "UPnP: Mapping 'UDP Tracker Client Port (UDP/17767) 'has been reserved by '192.168.1.101' - please select a different port"

I tried changing to another port ..Still no luck..any idea guys?!

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

If you don't give any details about your connection, noone is going to help you. try www.portforwarding.com

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

4. honeytoast macrumors regular

exactly try portforwarding.com. what you need to do is set up a static ip with your router. How many computers do you have on your network?

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i think it meant that you've plugged the ethernet cable in the wrong port? i mean to the router. The router has a couple of ports. That's what i think though since you said it worked fine last night. Maybe someone mixed the cables up...but u said that you tried other ports so it's wierd...

6. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Are you using DHCP to get your internal network IP address from the router? If so, it sounds as though port forwarding was set up for the .101 address previously, but your machine has been issued a different IP address recently for whatever reason (e.g. power outage). As stated above, you need to et up a static internal IP address for your machine to use for port forwarding.

7. abhishek thread starter macrumors member

sorry bout that SoulStorm. Was in a hurry to get the thread out..I am running on a wireless connectiont thru my Linksys WRT54G router. Any more detials yu looking for specifically?

Guys i think the problem is with the Static IP thing as Dave mentioned. Will try it out tomorrow. Damn tired tonight. thanks for the info guys . The link really helped too.

Will post my reply on the latest status soon. Thanks all of y'all

...abhi

8. abhishek thread starter macrumors member

Hey dave..I set up the router using the instructions I found on www.portforward.com for my router (Linksys WRT54G) and Azerues app. Not sure if it wirked though cos the pop up in Azureus still happens...While adding Azureus to the Port Forward details on my router , I gave my port to 17767 to 17770 (17767 is what Azureus port was set to) and I enabled port forwarding on this. This is all I did as this is all portforward.com asked me to do.

Where does the Static IP bit come into play? Should I be doing something else as well?!

..abhi