Azureus + Overall Slowdown

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobber205, Sep 30, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I've noticed when using Azureus, my system responds often very slowly after I exit it. A reboot makes everything nice and speedy again.

My thought is it's not very good at cleaning after itself (but it's in java right? Auto-garabe collection right), and since I only have 512 RAM, I don't have much leeway.

Any comments?

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Older versions of Azureus never actually quit when you told them to... the processes would still run. Have you tried updating?

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I don't use Azureus if i can help it. Transmission is a light application which gets the job done well enough. Nice and simple.

4. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

I second for Transmission! Works very nicely, very small, easy to use!!

5. TurboLag macrumors member

I have the same problem on my MacBook, Im assuming you have an intel mac, and rosetta is slowing the system down.

6. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I haven't heard many good things about Azureus. I use Acquisition, and it works great.

7. phytonix macrumors 6502

it is because after you quit, the downloaded data still in memory as buffer is now writing to your hard drive at full speed, so you experience slow down.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Azureus is Universal and runs great on my iMac Core Duo. You need MORE then 512 MB to run it though.

9. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

I really like Azureus. I got the newest version and it finally would launch.

Thanks for the info. It's much better than the standard bittorrent client. :D