Azureus + port forwarding/Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greycoral, Oct 6, 2006.

1. greycoral macrumors newbie

I am really stumped. I thought I was a little more computer saavy, but apparently not.

In Azureus, I did the NAT test for port 10001, and it said "OK". However, I can't get it to come off the yellow face. I had problems with BitTorrent and "being clever" with Oink. Now, the torrent I'm seeding says I'm clever, but again, I can't get the yellow face to change. I have Airport Express to say port 10001 and Azureus to do the same.

I connect wirelessly through Airport Express, and have a Scientific Atlanta modem from Comcast. Airport gives me one IP address, but Oink recognizes a different IP address. I'm confused as to what I need to do. Portforward.com doesn't list the Airport Express OR the Scientific Atlanta model that I have. What is my next step?

2. greycoral thread starter macrumors newbie

3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Have you tried adding a port(s) in System Preferences>Sharing>Firewall?

4. greycoral thread starter macrumors newbie

i hadn't done that yet for Azureus. Hopefully that will work! Well, now Azureus is saying I'm firewalled, even though I checked the settings and it's saying that the specific port is open and allowing traffic. I even did a NAT test and it said "ok".

5. robeen macrumors newbie

Hi - did you ever get this to work? I have been doing something similar (though using a linux azureus client connect to airport). I opened the port, and my test also says "OK" - but note the test says it is TCP (in the linux client I have at least). I can't find any documentation on whether the port mapping also maps UDP ports for the airport express.

cheers-
    Rob