Azureus randomly shutting down

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boneca, Feb 7, 2005.

1. boneca macrumors 6502

Hi guys I was wondering if somebody else saw this behavior on Mac.
    Who doesn't know, Azureus is one of the BitTorrent java clients. Basically once in awhile I'm getting some error message that program had to be shut down but no harm was made to the computer etc..
    It can run for few days straight no problems and than one day its just shutting down by itself with the error above.
    Any thoughts? Thank You.

p.s. clients are up to date (Azureus and Java)

TAIA

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Hm; I run Azureus on my dual G5 from time to time, but I've never once seen it crash while just doing its thing. Until the latest version fixed that ridiculous dual processor bug it was quite capable of bringing down the entire OS, and it'll crash on quit sometimes (actually, I think that's fixed now, too), but it never just up and does a normal crash.

This is with 1-week plus running constantly.

3. boneca thread starter macrumors 6502

thx fro the input/reply I wish I could have/afford dual G5, what I have right now is MacMini with 1.25Ghz processor and 1GB of ram. I don't think that there is a big difference as where to run it (dual G5 vs. MacMini) as long as you have normal bandwidths. I don't do much stuff on Mac while downloading in process so there is almost no interference with this app.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

No, Azureus is relatively lightweight, so I doubt the speed on your Mini makes any difference--certainly, I can't see it causing Az to crash unless you were in some weird situation where you were getting data so fast that the Mini's hard drive couldn't keep up for an extended period of time, which certainly doesn't jibe with my BT experience. I merely mentioned my computer as a point of reference.

You could always reinstall the latest version of Az from scratch and see if that helps any. Or who knows, maybe there's some bug in the Mini-specific verison of the OS that Az bumps into. You'll find out for sure when 10.3.8 is released (very soon), since it'll bring everything back in line.

5. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Yes, yes, yes. I updated the program once and immediately started having troubles. I trashed it, redownloaded a clean copy and every thing was fine again.