Azureus with New 2.5 GHZ G5 Turns G5 into Hair Dryer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fabrix2003, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

So like got this machine and using azureus, and like wake p and its a hair dryer, cant recover from standby, but u have to hold the button to reboot, anyone got any solutions or had a similar problem with azureus, i dont really want to use bit torent but at the moment it looks like its gonna have to be. :(

2. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Well, I for one never, ever put my G5 to sleep, heard about too many bad things happening when you do (such as your situation) so go into system preferences and turn that off so you can run Az overnight without worry.

3. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

i run azureus overnight on my powerbook 667/1gig memory. the app is a complete memory hog and it'll eat up a good 50% of my resources. i'm afraid of opening photoshop with azureus running. sometimes i'll run mplayer to watch a quicktime, and then the fans will kick in for about a half hour. so could be a memory issue - make sure your not running too much apps in the background while you leave azureus on.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

There is plenty of discussion on the Azureus boards about Dual G5s locking up hard while using Azureus, and I have that problem here myself. The fix most people recommend is to get a nightly build, since the 2.2.0 stable just isn't working right for us poor dual G5 users. I've been using 2.2.0.1_B14 and this hasn't crashed my G5 at all.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

This is a known bug that there is a working fix for in any of the 2.2.0.1 betas past b6 (they're up to b33 now); download the most recent one and follow the instructions to upgrade your 2.2.0.0 version.

I can testify that it 100% resolves the issue with dual processor Macs (it's related to a Java bug), and there's an extensive thread on the Azureus forums discussing the issue until this fix was eventually uncovered.

6. Fabrix2003 thread starter macrumors regular

Ive now got this beta version and gonna try and see how it gets on, renamed the file and sorted it out for all those people thinking its a lot of work to change the file it aint, if your computers going off and looking like a black screen and your G5 sounding like a hairdryer from hell then this is the Link you need. Thanks Makosuke much appreciated ;)

7. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

hehe..."poor"

8. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Azureus give me a lovely apple grey screen with a white box and in multiple languages telling me my system has crashed and to power off........ nicer than the BSOD i suppose, I have completely given up on it and run it through Microsoft's Remote Desktop connection on a XP box

Oh im running it on a Rev.A dual 1.8 with 2.5gb Ram and OS X.3.6 it runs okay on my TiBook 667mhz, 1gb Ram, OS X.4 but makes the fan run all the time.

9. toontra macrumors 6502

I get memory leaks, CPU hogging, unable to quit, freezes, kernel panics, the whole lot. A pity because this is by far the best BT app apart from the bugs.

Looking forward to future releases.