1. johnny41 macrumors newbie

May 25, 2005
    Just seen some nice customized power mac (haven't settle on which to buy 2, 2.3 or 2.7) at good price alongside with Final Cut for 900 bucks (save about 400 bucks) and am tempting to buy stuff from there. I'll buy more RAM somewhere. So anybody know if there's better deal and throw more stuff at good price than B&H is offering?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Is this the site of which you speak? They really have a broad range of choices. Certainly would be nice to have a new Mac as compared to a refurb, as these prices seem to be similar. I noticed that they have memory with lifetime warranty. Would recommend AppleCare. I would be interested to know if anyone has experience with this company. Guess I'm old fashioned, but would be afraid to not go with Apple.

3. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Don't know about any better deals, but B and H is a class act.

I just bought $60,000 worth of Nikon D2X's for a client and it was a flawless transaction, as have all my purchases form them. I never bother with anyone else...

I do not have computer buying experience with them.
  4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    I have only purchased cameras and accessories from B&H, but I've been very pleased with them.
  5. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    My next Mac will be from B+H.

While I have "only" bought about $2500 worth of new and used photo gear from them, each transaction has been exactly as expected, including 1 exchange. Nice people who are not looking to get anything extra out of you, just an honest straight forward sale.

I can't help but post whenever B+H is brought up, as their selection, price (usually) and buying experience far exceeds any of my local Detroit area camera shops, which says something as I am a homer at heart. They carry many common BTO Macs and will be the first place I look when it comes time to upgrade my aging TiBook.
  6. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Never had a problem buying video and camera stuff from them. Never bought a computer there, but I assume it'd be the same.
  7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    You seriously can't go wrong with B&H or Adorama for that matter.
  8. finesse macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2005
    hey new to the mac forum as well... just made the switch a few days ago. Coincidentally, I purchased my powerbook G4 from B&H and they've been a pleasant transaction... I placed my order on a sunday over the phone (very courteous sales agent), it was shipped tuesday, arrived wenesday.
  9. milozauckerman macrumors 6502

Jun 25, 2005
    I had a terrible experience with B&H two Christmases ago and haven't been back.

They shipped an order (Toyo 4x5 camera kit), didn't bother to inform me that half (the lens) was backordered 'indefinitely' until everything else had arrived and I read the last packed invoice, took weeks to get them to send me a shipping label so I could send the camera back, several more to get a refund, then they tried to only refund half the money because I hadn't shipped back - wait for it - the lens that had been backordered indefinitely. In this two-month span they never had the camera kit listed as out-of-stock or backordered, always 'in-stock' even though I pointed it out at every phone call.

Since then I've avoided them like the plague. Their prices are decent, but no better than Adorama and some smaller retailers (KEH for used, J&C Photo, Badger Graphic, Midwest Photo Exchange) carry a better stock of the items I use.