B.NET total BS?

Discussion in 'Games' started by 8thDegreeSavage, Jan 28, 2003.

1. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

With all the recent stuff i have been reading on the map hacking going on on bnet i have quit playing and decided to write blizzard to tell them how i feel.

I hope some of you at least write in...its getting out of hand.

I have played in the last two days 2 out fo every three players i face are maphacking.....that is way too much.

There are some WC3 gamers crusading against the lack of integrity that Blizzard has shown about all of this...you might find this site interesting. It WILL teach you how to spot map hackers.....its easy once you learn.

http://www.theinclan.com/

2. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is a ADMITTED LEvel 27 MAPHACKERS site in which he says he doesnt care and neither does Blizzard.

http://www.team-n1.net/

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Its a big problem, but i've played map hackers and wiped them. The key is a well defended expansion and a mobile army. Hackers will not go away, but common sense says that there going to find you any way.
    Just defend ur base.

4. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Having a well defended base will only work witha newb maphacker...not someone who know what they are doing.

5. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I agree....

I still whoop the **** out of maphackers. I go all out offence. Screw defence. Its a waste of money if your playing someone with any skill...

My personal favorite strategy is with protoss (in starcraft). I make quick super zealots, and then from there I work up the real army. The zealots are a defence. My real army is usually about 5 arbiters, bunch of goons/zealots, with a few scouts.

6. Haberdasher macrumors regular

Re: B.NET total BS?

I'd have to disagree with you there. While I don't play much WCIII, I have played lots of Starcraft and Diablo, and I'd say Blizzard tries its best to stay on top of cheaters...if there was an exploit in Diablo II, a week later Blizzard would have a patch for it. Certainly there would always be people who worked around them, but I think that you should point fingers at dishonest players, not Blizzard.

They want a fun gaming environment as much as you.

(And besides, for a FREE service, I think they're doing a superb job)

7. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Re: B.NET total BS?

WC3 seems to be suffereing the most, while Diablo2 was somewhat looked after(It HAD to to sell any copies) Starcraft is hacked to smithereens....

In WC3 Hacking can be much more detrimental to gameplay than in SC.

8. Haberdasher macrumors regular

Re: Re: Re: B.NET total BS?

Like previously stated by many, map hackers or other types of cheats do NOT make people gaming gods...if Starcraft has been hacked to smithereens, how do I regularly kick butt without any hack whatsoever? If you get good at WCIII, you should be able to railroad through map hackers just like any other player.

I also don't think, even if the game had been utterly ripped apart by hackers, there would have been any trouble selling Diablo II. Most people play single-player.

Just my opinions, though.

9. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

You having not played alot of WC3 i have to dissagree with you.

TONS of extrmely high ladder players are KNOWN cheats.

there is so much talk fo this that Blizzard actually released a patch today to kill the latest hacks.

1.04c

And no it provides little to no nerfs or upgrades. But it eliminates the ways hackers were abusing the game previously.

Hacking in SC is not as bad as in WC3...WC3 is a totally different game...and hacking makes it somewhat impossible unless you are hacking back or GODLY...not good GODLY...because if you play a level 28 who hacks....and you dont...you die.

With WC3 it is a serious problem that simply "playing better" wont fix.

10. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Multiplayer Hacking

I'm not really into online gaming anymore, but I absolutely love it every once in a while! However, I used to play Myth II online very frequently. If I remember correctly, Bungie.net never had a problem with hackers. Of course there would be the occasional report of hacking, but that player would be booted instantly and would be shunned by the rest of the community. What did Bungie do that Blizzard isn't?

Anyone here using Bungie.net now?

11. Boone macrumors newbie

bungie.net's Myth 2 server was shut down. ****ing microsoft......

12. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Yes, but Bungie.net is still alive and well with Halo and stuff. I was wondering if anyone plays any of those games on Bungie.net.

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

They just released another patch, 1.05.

14. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

I have to chime in here with the thought that people with these hacks have ruined online gaming for me. I started playing online with Warcraft II (before the B.Net edition-we had to play with Kali or AOL, when AOL still supported the gaming channels), and had a bblast for about a year, and then some enterprising twit started finding map hacks. Then I played Diablo. The original Diablo has to be one of the MOST hacked games in the Mac ever. It got ridiculous. I'm sad to hear that WCIII is already suffering, because I haven't even had the time to delve into that part of the game yet. I do like Diablo II's online gaming experience though.

I don't know, it just really makes me mad that I spend the 59.99 (New release price) for a game, and then some twit ruins it for all of us. Well, not all of us, because there is more than 1 twit doing this crap. Just play the game for fun.

Regards,
    Gus

15. woodsey macrumors regular

Why bungie.net worked

Bungie.net simply worked because you were only allowed one account per CD key. IF you ****ed about and got booted, you had to buy the game again.

16. hobbeshobbes macrumors newbie

maphack

where can i dl a maphack... not for ladder games i dont even play those i just wanna play a game of DoTA with the juggernaut to see how funny it would be

17. dabomb2 macrumors newbie

^ lol ive been looking for ages, i dont intend to use it in ladder, just in custom where its no biggie. if neone finds a maphack that actually works for MAC please pm me

18. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I agree with (most) people here, hacking in games has really hurt them. I really hate how people are so obsessed with a winning record (or just get their kicks off of annoying other people), that they cheat in a game. I remember when I played SC and people would want to ally at the end so everyone got a winning record, I always refused to. Even if I was on the losing team (they were just lazy and didn't want to hunt me down), I wouldn't ally.

I like the idea that you are given one account per cd key (though don't people hack those too?). It never stops amazing me morals just keep calling further and further. So many people now don't care about anything other than instant gratification, regardless of how it affects others (sometimes BECAUSE it affects other negatively). Ok, I'm stopping before I get on a large(r) rant.