B/W Multfunctional Laser DADF network scanning capabilities 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stylo1234, Nov 6, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 16, 2011
    Dear all

I'm looking for a

-B/W laserprinter (no color)
    -Duplex auto document feeder
    -Network scanning possibilities
    - +/- 700-1000 USD
    -scan to pdf
    - copy
    - auto duplex printing

I don't do a lot of prints a month, maybe +/- 1000. But it needs all these functionalities.

I found a couple of canons like mf5840dn and MF5940dn but none of them support network scanning to 10.6.

I have 3 different HP products but they all lack a good 10.7 support, like the scanjet 5550c etc.

I don't mind HP but they really are running behind things when i come to support the new 10.x ....

Every brand is possible. If somebody has user experience would be great!
  2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 16, 2011
    Found the SCX-5737FW any advise on this one?

Can't find the scan to network is supported under mac os 10.7...
  3. macrumors 68040

Aug 31, 2007
    Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
    Been here and have done this.

The consumer market is not going to be your best option. Reasons are the doc feeder is going to be limited <25-50 at a time, with no continuation mode to keep going.

You may be better off looking at business copiers on Craigslist or the like. You will get a Ethernet port, scanning, printing, fax etc. plus the business machines can handle the volume and speed. They auto save to PDF or jpg in any quality you choose- just plug it into your router and send your scans to a network folder (I use a WebDAV) on an subs server shared scan folder. I can access that folder anywhere in the world- live on any iOS device and my Mac.

I went with a copystar CS-5050; expensive to be sure- but got it on a backruptcy liquidation. If you have the room, and the paitence to find a good deal- get a business model for your needs (commercial). Just my .02