B2 E3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3538&Itemid=2

Looks like E3 is now cancelled. No official word yet but one is expected soon. Apparently closed because of low-cost returns.

Praxis, I trust you had a good time at what could have been the final E3.

ps. Sorry about the title. I was trying to be clever. bye bye electronic entertainment expo. I've lost a life, haven't I?

2. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

"However, we understand the larger exhibitors have jointly decided that the costs of the event do not justify the returns..."

Why don't they just say "Sony doesn't want their products showcased along side the competitions". I imagine it was hard for them to watch Nintendo get all the attention this year, when they were expecting to be the center of attention. Maybe Nintendo was in on this decision, but I can't imagine what good it would do them. They should want to put their products next to the competition. I can see Sony starting this and reaching out to Microsoft and MS agreeing, as even MS could feel that some of their spotlight was stolen this year. I really can't blame them though. They don't want to spend tons of money on a show like this for all of the attention to be on the competition.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Maybe this backs up the ever stacking evidence of Nintendo re-opening Spaceworld?

4. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I just read this news. Spaceworld would be amazing. Maybe this means that some companies can release info at different times instead of having to wait til may. Then we can get press releases earlier? That would be a positive side. I will miss it though. I loved those few days of looking at the computer screen in anticipation.

5. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Wow, talk about coming out of left field. Although I think we'll get better info with lots of smaller shows.

I bet MS does something like a concert tour to promote next years games. Most big arena's have a convention center attached anyway. Give us a concert and a games show all in one. They're already in the pockets of a bunch of musician's anyway (featured artist of the month). Make it an all day/night event. 360 Live, coming to a city near you!

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

To be honest I am not that surprised by this. Times have changed, with a much easier means of getting information to the masses and Microsoft releasing things and info with no expos and Nintendo having their own expo (basically with spaceworld as referenced above). It was just a matter of time i believe.

I do believe that for at least Sony and Nintendo (albeit not this year) that TGS may take on a more important role than it has in previous years. For at least a little while

7. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

This sucks. I always looked forward to that week, to check online throughout the day to see what was going on.. :( Now I guess GDC could take E3's place? I don't care what it's called, so long as there's another HUGE event each year, I'm satisfied..

This article is also a good read: http://www.gametab.com/news/635240/

8. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

I can TOTALLY see this happening. Since Sony buys so much licensing software from MS and MS not have the XBOX 360 budget to just be waisted; their already loosing money.

Lately, though I'm changing my viw of the PS3 being a better system. more games more fun time.

9. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well the internet is always here and each company will hold there own something so it doesn't bother me.

Bless

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

apparently it's back. New E3Expo or something. from what I've heard it's a cut down version of E3. less jazz.