Babette des Etoiles

Discussion in 'Community' started by ColoJohnBoy, Sep 12, 2003.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    I've started writing what will eventually be an epic poem based on a very curious looking woman in my college math class. The first day of class, the first thing that entered my mind when she entered the room was "Skanky French Prostitute" then I remembered that sketch on SNL called "Old French Whore".

I really don't know how long this poem will be, but for now I'll just post the first two stanzas to see what everyone thinks. If I can, I'll snap some photos of her, just to give you a clear picture of where the poem originated. Once I have more I'll just start posting it on my website. Enjoy!

In the seventh month of forty-three
    A miracle occurred
    On Rue Chapelle on Martyr's Hill
    Was born a woman's third.

A young sweet child, a daughter first
    to parents strong and proud
    Babette des Etoiles they named her, for
    from heav'n she did descend.

There will be more, later today actually. let me know what you think!
  2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2002
    Wow, your math class must be even more boring than mine, where i get my entertainment from this freshman who tries to kick game to this junior girl way to hard every day.
  3. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Strange. Mine's actually pretty interesting. But this woman is more fascinating than any mathematical theory. I really need to get a picture of her up here so you know what I'm talking about. We also have this girl that sounds like she has feet up her nose when she talks. It's irritating and wonderful at the same time.
  4. etoiles macrumors 6502a

Jun 12, 2002
    Where the air is crisp
    ...and just to make sure: it is not me !

I am the 'poete des etoiles mecaniques' :cool: , not the French prostitute :eek:
  5. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Don't worry about being mistaken for a French Prostitute. This woman is so wonderfully peculiar, I don't think anybody could be mistaken for her. ;)
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Nice poem there ColoJohnBoy, thank you! Guess it is always good to have something to liven up math class!
  7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    how are you going to manage the pics? I'd love to see them...

And what's the math class?

The poem's good so far, looking forward to more...

8. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    So is she hot? Or is she really a slut.

My math class is pretty boring. I was sitting next to these 2 good looking girls in my grade, but about a week later, the teacher moved me because I wasn't paying attention.

My best class is english. There is this new girl that plays tennis, shes really good. And soo hot. Blonde, tan, pretty...gosh.

We got a seating arrangement, and I sit right next to her. lucky me.
  9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002

Mighty interesting math class there, if you've already found a prostitute, and a girl that can stick her toes up her nose.