Baby forced to smoke cannabis & beaten

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by edesignuk, Sep 11, 2003.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Full Article.

****ing sick bastard :mad: :rolleyes:

edit: felt the need to curse on this topic :D

2. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

People like this should be locked up for the rest of their lives!:mad:

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Why is anybody posting stuff like this on MacRumors? I come here to read about Apple and Macs, not to see topics like "Baby forced to smoke cannabis and beaten." The boy shouldn't have done it. but leave news like this where it belongs. Don't bring it here.

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Current Events forum description:

"mac, non-mac, news items (provide links please)"

U don't like it? Don't click it! :rolleyes: :p

edit: BTW, have you looked at the current events forum recently? I see maybe one or two Mac related stories on the first page right now, it must be driving you nutz! :eek: :D

5. chadfromdallas macrumors member

If this board was nothin, but mac talk, it wouldn't be as great as it is. Just do't read it if you don't like it. ;)

Person who did this to their kid should be tied up in chains and dragged behind a truck :eek:

6. Mblazened macrumors regular

7. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Indeed, I think from the top of Canada Tower (our tallest sky scraper, a mere 50 floors, but I think it'd do the trick!)

8. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

I hope people realize that this is an irresponsible person using cannabis rather than thinking that the "REEFER MADNESS" made him do it.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

no kidding. thanks to this sick bastard, now people think pot is even *more* dangerous, when in reality, it's just stupidity that's dangerous.

can't we bring back stonings for people like this? it would be poetic justice.

pnw

10. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

He should be dropped from the CN Tower. The tallest freestanding structure in the world.

TEG

11. chadfromdallas macrumors member

Actually...in the middle east.....ah nevermind ;)

12. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Um maybe you havn't been paying attention, but this is the Current Events section, try reading the description: "mac, non-mac, news items (provide links please)"

Back to the topic, that is a horribly stupid thing to do and deserves more than a mere four and a half years in custody, reckless endangerment of children should be dealt with much harsher. If the Govt. was ever looking for a poster child on why not to smoke weed......

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Yeah and people say there is nothing wrong with smoking canabis. yeaaaaah right. hopefully this sicko will get all that he can punishment wise.

May some inmate take pity inside him.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If only there were minimum competency levels for having kids. What a jerk.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh yeah, smoking weed causes you to abuse children, I forgot the drug czar's office had issued that proclamation.:rolleyes:

16. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

People say there are no ill effects of marijuana use...I am sure there are plenty of similar situations like this one where a marijuana user has abused and or neglected their baby.

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

No, people like this need to be shot in the head so that those that live in peace can do so.

18. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

That Bastard! Not only did he make the baby smoke but he/she also droped it ! Only six months old. Don't people have compassion anymore? Don't they care about little cute babies? Don't they care about cute lttle kittin's ?

BASTARD!!!

19. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

"Hugh Wallace, defending, said Carter was "reckless" but did not intend to harm the baby. "

is that a joke? gimme a friggin break. :mad:

20. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

hey if people were willing to say they would defend bin laden and call him misunderstood, then why not become a lawyer and call child abusers "reckless" ?:rolleyes:

21. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

And I am sure that there is a far higher incidence of people on alcohol abusing their babies.

Do you think the US should return to prohibition?

22. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I'm just as sure there are plenty of similar situations where a non-marijuana user has abused and or neglected their baby.

There are ill effects of marijuana abuse (cancer, etc), but baby abuse is not one of them.

23. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Yes.

Alcohol ruins lives.

So does smoking.

Marijuana is no different from the aforementioned two.

The proponents of those drugs are kidding themselves! What do these drugs do that are positive? Oh, marijuana can allegedly cure glaucoma, and other eye-related diseases. Great! So lets develop medicines to fight/treat glaucoma, that don't induce pseudo-psychotic breakdowns by individuals under their influence that are conducive to "reckless" acts of child abuse.

Alcohol kills THOUSANDS every day with drunk driving, or alcohol-related domestic violence etc. Hell we as a nation have lowered murder caused by a vehicle to a mere "vehicular homicide" charge. Which is often reduced to manslaughter if the individual has a great lawyer.

Smoking? Well how many MORE people must die of lung cancer, and how many more teens must become addicted and die young(er) before we as a nation put a stop to the stuff?

Marijuana? If you don't know the risks of marijuana then why have you read this far? The real risk of marijuana is not even associated with the drug itself. It's born in the myth most people contain that marijuana has no ill effects.

In and of itself that is a lie.

I say ban smoking, marijuana use, and drinking. Nothing but death results via their usage.

I never denied that alcoholics often abuse their children in the midst of their drinking tendencies, what I was trying to imply was that its even more sinister when marijuana is involved.

This is due to the fact that their is a great myth that marijuana has no ill effects, while it is obvious that many people know the dangers of alcohol.

We always hear about cocaine and crack babies, or babies born with AIDs, and yet when a "parent" abuses their kid under the influence of cocaine, or another heavy drug we are shocked! Amazed at how the individual could commit such a heinous crime as child abuse. The same goes for crimes committed under the influence of alcohol.

Yet when the same thing happens under the influence of marijuana the only thing that happens is people say the individual was reckless.

We never hear about cases of marijuana users abusing their kids because it is just considered child abuse.

Just child abuse.

That is what makes marijuana such a sinister and vile object: the fact that people think it is not so.

24. Pinto macrumors newbie

Although smoking cannabis does have some dangers, they are less than alcohol or tobacco.

Although dropping a baby on it's head can cause brain damage, in some situations smoking cannabis can protect the brain from damage (I kid you not).

25. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

However I would venture to say that the thought that it is harmless is more damaging.