iPad mini Back Clear Dry Apply Skin/Film/Decal?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sun surfer, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2010
    OK, the thread title might be confusing. Here's what I'm looking for - a back protector that is a film/skin/decal type that clings to the mini. I want it clear like a screen protector but I want to apply it dry, not with a wet watery spray solution.

I've used decalgirl for other devices for non-clear designs and they make a great product that sticks and removes easily with no residue without any sort of silly wet apply. Also, I've found Teksure from Lucky Labs that makes a film for the back, some even a similar colour match and with the Apple logo cut out for a nicer look, but again no clear.

Why are all the clear films for the back applied with some stupid wet solution? I don't want to be spraying water on my mini and I watched the youtubes on how to apply them and I don't like them. Why can't they make a clear decal like what Teksure or decalgirl makes? Does anyone know of any?
  2. macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2005
    Just different types of adhesive I'm sure. Have you tried sticker boy?
  3. caligurl, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

macrumors 68000

Jun 8, 2009
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 9, 2007
    I applied a Wrapsol wet application piece to the back of my mini. It's a perfect install. Not a single bubble. You can't even tell it's there.