Back Ground Color

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Racerdog55, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Racerdog55 macrumors member

I've searched all over the system for away to change the background color while surfing, all I have now is a bright white background, is there away to change this and where do I go to do it please.
    Thanks

2. illstabyou macrumors newbie

illstabyou

If you go under preferences there's a handful of colors to chose from -- but not a whole lot. Perhaps make a small square of the color you'd like in something like Photoshop, and make it your background.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'm not clear on what you mean by "while surfing." Are you looking to have some sort of background color in your browser window?

Firefox can do this in Preferences under Content --> Fonts & Colors --> Colors...

Most sites will override this option with their own color scheme unless you uncheck the option box in the colors preferences to "Allow site to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above."

Can't really imagine why you'd want to do this, as it really screws up the look of a lot of pages.

4. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

are u talking about the desktop backgroup? right?

5. theheyes macrumors regular

Some people cant stand the glare of the white background. Also, I think some forms of dyslexia make it more difficult to read black text on white backgrounds. :)

6. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

white backgrouds are the worst

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sorry...I did word that a little too strongly.

What I should have said is that I've played around with those settings and have never been satisfied with the results. Most pages are designed with a white background, and a lot of times images that are meant to exist on top of a white background (usually text images) come out unreadable. Maybe I haven't hit the right combination of colors yet. :)