BACK to 10.1.5, Yuck!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tjwett, Mar 21, 2003.

1. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Due to a recent major system problem with Jaguar I've been forced to do a Software Restore on my PowerMac which has brought me back to 9.2.2 and 10.1.5. I no longer have my Jaguar disks as they were left at the office by mistake and the company has closed down and left the country. Just wanted to say that there is a HUGE difference between Jag and 10.1. I honestly didn't think I'd notice but man, it is awful. It feels super slow and clunky. And it just doesn't feel "right". I really forgot what it was like. Infact I think I'll just stay in OS 9 until Panther comes. 10.1 really feels that bad now. I guess I really got spoiled by using Jag. I promise when I get to upgrade I'll never complain about the OS again! This is so lame.

2. pantagruel macrumors regular

why dont you just buy Jaguar again man, dont live in suffering.

3. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Re: BACK to 10.1.5, Yuck!

Yeah, I know how you feel, my parents once forgot where they lived and by the time they remembered I had grown up and left home. It wasn't all bad because they found our cat that had gone missing previously and all its fur had grown back ginger which was strange for a black and white cat. Still, mustn't grumble 'cos my knew place has a fitted kitchen and a brass letter box.:confused:

4. SoonToGetAMac macrumors 6502

Wow, that really does suck. I see why you wouldn't want to spend $129 now and then again in a few months though. Mabye you can go for a used copy of Jag on eBay?

5. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I think we can safely say that the entire MacRumors community feels your pain. If you want to feel better about 10.1, just go use a copy of Windows 3.1 for a couple days. Your problems will be solved!

Dan

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Re: Re: BACK to 10.1.5, Yuck!

Does the cat now come when called and weigh about 2 stone? :D

7. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Re: Re: Re: BACK to 10.1.5, Yuck!

Wow, like you most have the exact same cat, maybe they're like sisters or something?:eek:

8. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

never really used 10.1! i went straight from os9 to 10.2 (was working on os9 machines then bought my own that came with jag)

will they broadcast the sanfran thing like they did steve jobs keynote talk?

9. SoonToGetAMac macrumors 6502

If they are trying to make it seem like the Pro Mac show, I'd assume that they would broadcast it to get the word out about it. Well,we can hope :D