Back To OS 9

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by waynepixel, Jan 18, 2005.

1. waynepixel macrumors regular

I have to use my old G3 laptop because I sold my G4.

Q: Is there a app which will read OS X .rtfd text file in OS 9, or will I have to convert the .rtfd to .txt

2. f-matic macrumors member

I don't have OS 9 lying around to test this, but aren't .rtfd files actually just a directory containing bundles of text + graphics that appear as a single file in OS X? So I believe when viewed in OS 9 finder, they should show up as a directory, within which would be the actual .rtf plus the graphics, so the text would be accessible from the .rtf. Which works if you just need the text, but are you looking for the original formatting with graphics? I'm not sure if that would be possible from OS 9.

3. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

I only need the text in the .rtfd file. I have tried reading .rtfd in OS 9 but it just does not read the file.

I swear I remembered an little Utilitie that could read the .rtfd file format, but I just cannot remember the name of the app.

4. jim. macrumors 6502

For some reason I recall CopyPaste being able to do this in OS9. It is a shareware app, but I think it would work for you to use on a few docs. Of course I could just be making this up, since at work we have all moved to OSX now and I prefer to forget the problems I had with OS9.

Jim