back to PDA rumors

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by grouse, Jan 30, 2002.

1. grouse macrumors regular

It's been a while, at least five minutes, since the old PDA was kicking about.
    Have other people seen the (boo hiss!) spymac comments:

"The news of an Apple branded PDA is under development. Apple has been working with Handspring for quite sometime on an amalgamation of hardware/software. Many prototypes have been developed and tested. One thing that has to be realized here is the fact that whatever ends up being released has to fit neatly in with the digital hub picture that Apple is selling. It has to be a complete solution and be fully integrated with OS X and Apple’s current hardware... What I will say is that Apple’s device will not be out done by the iPaq. When speaking of a release date, I would say within a year. Apple can do this and do it quickly, but releasing a PDA will put them on the biggest hot seat they’ve been on in quite some time, so they have to get it right. Expect a release in a year, I doubt MWNY, but a special release right before Christmas would be almost perfect. " spymac

I know, I know, they put up those ridiculous iWalk pics and so on. But in the last few weeks, I reckon they've smartened up their act, their guess at the G4's was pretty close (nearly spot on) and they do seem to have cut down on the cr*p quotient.

Can anyone give us anymore insight than they have here, especially the Handspring connection?

2. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Gee, not me.

I guess SpyMac really IS the authority on all things Mac when it comes to inside information and rumors. Wow. I'll go there every day from now on so I can stay on top of things. They're the bomb, that's for sure. I believe!

All hail Spymac. :eek:

3. grouse thread starter macrumors regular

now now VG

No need to get all sarcastic on me, it doesn't become you!

They were right on the G4s though.

4. GigaWire macrumors 6502

And just who the hell wasn't???

5. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Re: now now VG

Sarcasm? Hrumphh...I thought it was wit. My mother is British, and she puts John Cleese to shame...I'll have to visit her again for more pointers. :)

6. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

PDA

true Spy Mac is full of crap... but ... I would still like to see a Apple PDA... I would get one in a second!!

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

If Apple made a car stereo would you buy one?

If Apple just liscenced out the logo to, say Sony and said: "Just put it on your coolest crap." Do you think it would be any different?:rolleyes:

8. mywar2000 macrumors member

The story sounds (possibly) legit untill...

You mention Handspring. I myself, prefer Handspring over Palm. However, Stevie got up there on stage at MWSF with a rep from PALM. Talking about all the great stuff thats going on... right? That was the moment that all of my dreams for an apple pda went out the window. I can hope that it was all marketing strategy and even the guy from Palm has no idea that Apple is about to decimate the handheld market with a genuine Apple branded PDA, BUT... I have a feeling thats not going to happen. Lets all hope I'm way wrong!

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

oh no not again!!!

:eek: I need to be a part of this discussion like I need a hole in my head....

ha ha ha.....

10. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

how did i know

I was wondering when eyelikeart was going to show up for this one :)

No... I woundt buy just anything with an Apple logo on it. The thing is, Apple makes good products... if they but an Apple on it... its proabaly a good toy. I have been thinking about getting a PDA and an Apple one would be the best. The newton was a great PDA... but its way to big and way too dead. I just would like to see Apple make one... I know I would get one if they made one.

One the other hand... I know that they mostlikey wont make one... and I dont think the PDA market has room for another one. Plus... Palm and Apple are close... so I dont see it coming about.

11. Xapplimatic macrumors 6502

Xapplimatic

PDA: Canadian for "Pretty Dumb Eh?"

As much as I'd love to entertain this topic, at approximately 2.93175 PDA rumors per minute posted to this Mac site, I think I'll go slit a vein now..