Back to Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ppnkg, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

A sad day.... - I decided to switch back to safari, since Shiira has started to show its age lately - to start with it wouldn't show the new yahoo start page at all, and for some reason it crashed (yes) when loading other sites (such as www.lemonde.fr). Camino (and Firefox) are not as good (actually: they do not look as good, and then there is the rss thing), so I think I'll stay with Safari for the time being.

Shiira's strongest feature for me has been the sidebar. I simply hate the pop-ups for downloads which other browsers use, Shiira keeps everything neat in an easy to use easy to access way. I am really suprised that the guys working on shiira 2 decided to scrap the sidebar (it seems). Without it going back to shiira (2) for me will be a touch decision.

2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I recommend trying out OmniWeb... based on WebKit like Safari and it is a lot faster in my use. Very stable, however it seems to crash often on MySpace, but I don't think this is OmniWeb's fault :rolleyes:

3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

i recently made the same switch, i was using camino and decided to switch to safari, and i new i would once leapord came out so i got a head start.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I've always would run into some page that would give me the urge to try some other browser... but somehow I always end up back at Safari. I think I'm just going to stick with Safari from now on.